Sunday 5 April 2020

Sunday

Good morning.  Yesterday was lovely here.  Bright, sunny and increasingly mild as the day went on.  Long may it continue!

I finished the top.  It really is an easy pattern and the only thing I didn't get quite right was the sleeve seam which is just a bit too low down on the shoulder.  It doesn't matter, but I have made a note of all the fitting tweaks so next time (and there will be a next time, it's a very useful pattern indeed) I will know what to change.  It's hanging up in the wardrobe now and goes really well with my dusty pink jeans.


I'll try the square necked version next time and maybe cut it a bit longer so I can wear it with jeggings or leggings - I do need my top to cover my bum when I wear them!

Going through the algebra chapter on simplifying terms again was a very sensible thing to do.  It made a lot more sense this time and I was able to sort of consolidate the new stuff.  It's on to brackets today and that's going to be v-e-r-y slow and steady.

I was delighted to discover a parcel outside my front door.  It was the strawberry plants I ordered a couple of weeks ago and it gives me hope that I may receive the tomato plants as well, fingers crossed.  I gave them a good water and today or maybe tomorrow I will plant them out in the strawberry bed to fill some of the gaps.

While I was doing some tacking and some hand sewing yesterday afternoon, I turned on YouTube and watched the showing of Joseph.  It was great fun and thoroughly enjoyable.  I'm looking forward to next week's now - Jesus Christ, Superstar.

And finally, in the evening, Beth and I had our chat.  Lovely!

I thought about having a less 'structured' day today but you know what - I am so enjoying the way things are going right now that I think I will carry on with it, at least for a while.  Having some structure gives the day purpose for me.  I know it's not everyone's cuppa and that's fine, but it's working for me and is a lot more flexible than it may seem.

So . . .
Something energetic:
I'm going to search out Joe Wicks' workout for seniors and see how it goes plus some of Lindsey's programme.

Something in the house/garden
I'm not going to plan housework today apart from the usual stuff but I'd like to get the strawberry plants out and move some others that have rooted in the 'wrong' place.

Something social:
Nothing in particular today.

Something creative/entertaining:
I've already pulled some more fabric out of the cupboard and need to decide what to make with it.
After Eileen's recommendation, I will watch 'One man, two guvnors' from the National Theatre which she said she found very entertaining.

Plus, of course, the algebra.

So I seem to have a lovely, satisfying day ahead of me and I'm really looking forward to it.
Hope you have a lovely day too.

12 comments:

  1. You have a lovely day planned. I hope you enjoy the play ... if you like farces, I think you will. I've started watching the BBC series, Killing Eve, recommended by my friend Julie, so will carry on with that today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I will - I do like James Cordon. I have never seen Killing Ever; hope it's good!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Towards the end of last week my days became a bit too relaxed and I felt worse for it. I think a small amount of structure helps us all, especially in these uncertain times.
    Your top looks lovely. It's such a pretty pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I feel, Jules. I suppose, being in teaching, my whole adult life has been timetabled, one way or another, it's what I am used to, so the way it is now may seem to be over-managed but in comparison it's free and easy.
      xx

      Delete
  3. We watched the play last night. It got going after the first 30 minutes and I laughed like a drain during much of it. Very funny! I like my days structured too so it is normally housework and bread making in the morning, craft in the afternoon. I have started an embroidery which will be my coronavirus reminder but in a good way I hope. We will spend an hour or two in the garden this afternoon too as the weather is so promising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's useful to know, thanks. I will be patents and let it get going.
      I'm tending to work in the morning and play in the afternoon too. it feels the right way to do things. Probably just habit really. Your day sounds lovely.
      xx

      Delete
  4. That's a lovely top.Well done Joy. I think we are set for a lovely day here today so I may go out and do some more tidying in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel. It's great to get some sunshine into our bones, isn't it, and lovely to feel warm again. Enjoy the garden!
      xx

      Delete
  5. I love your top and the fabric would just be perect to finish my patchwork quilt! Sadly I didn't get to buy any extra material that I needed so have had to put the project on hold for now.
    I have wondered about sending for some plants - which company did you use Joy? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some leftover fabric if you're interested, although it depends what you would need it for - it might not be enough. I'll post a photo in Monday's entry.
      Um - I used . . . well, the packing note says Dobies but it was via Thompson and Morgan; that was the online company I ordered from. I'm crossing my fingers re the tomatoes now.
      xx

      Delete
  6. That's beautiful. I like having some structure, too. I made a cream of broccoli soup today and plan to do yoga before bed. Glad that you are enjoying the musicals on Youtube...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank you! I am really enjoying the shows in YouTube. A bit of escapism really.
      The soup sounds delicious. There's little as nice as a home made soup, I reckon.
      xx

      Delete