Thursday 23 April 2020

Thursday

Morning, everyone!

It was a funny old day yesterday.  I wonder if it was my shoulder/neck that woke me in the middle of the night because through the early half of the morning it ached and ached and in the end I cancelled personal training (it's tomorrow instead).  Of course, sods law dictated that as soon as I'd done that, it started easing off, but probably wise not to push it anyway.

I drove round to Beth's with eggs, herbs and rhubarb, stopping off at the petrol station on the way.  I still had some in the tank but I like to have enough that I could get to Dad's in a hurry without any worry, should it be necessary.  Of course, I hope it won't be, but - well, just in case . . .
Goodness, it's gone down in price, hasn't it?

On the way back I decided to stop off at the lotty.  Maybe that sounds silly, given the aches, but I just went to water and, providing I bend from the knees to pick up the full cans and keep the arms straight, it is OK.  I'm glad I did because, joy of joys, the water was back on.  I gather it is just temporary, pending a proper repair, but it did make the watering so much easier.  I can do four waterings in the time it takes to do one to and from the other side of the allotment.
We now have seven beans!

By half eight, I was fighting to stay awake, so gave up and went to bed to have a great night's sleep.  I'll watch the recording of Sewing Bee tonight.

Today I'm planning an easy-ish day.
Something energetic:
Watering, maybe a bit of forking and prepping, as long as I just use my right hand/arm.  Most of the really hard work is now finished and it's just waiting for the baby plants to be strong enough to survive outside - plus the weeding, watering, mowing, etc.
Also some ironing, shoulder permitting.

Something for house/garden:
Ironing and some tidying up, especially the corner where I sit to read/knit/crochet, etc.
If the replacement tomatoes arrive, I'll get them into soil, of course.  I suspect that they won't be in great condition after being in the post for several days.  Fingers crossed.

Something social:
Nothing planned today but you never know.

Something creative.
I might get Mr Rabbit finished today - crochet is quicker than knitting, I am finding, even when one has to keep undoing it!

Something entertaining:
The usuals, plus the recording of Sewing Bee. 

Enjoy your Thursday and stay safe and well.  xx

10 comments:

  1. It should be warmer for us in Essex, Suffolk and Norfolk today without that chilly wind.
    I'm going to do a bit of blue sky thinking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope so. That wind really has been cool.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Morning Joy. I am being bombarded with emails purporting to be from a Monika who has left comments on your “Monday” post. I have blocked her so they are going straight to my email bin but wondered if anyone else had this?
    Today is a busy day for me, change the beds, washing and the kitchen floor needs a wash. We are having a garden coffee morning where we can chat (shout) to my neighbour Fran. I woke about 2.30am with what I think is the start of hay fever. My nose was so itchy inside and couldn’t stop sneezing. I took an antihistamine and got back to sleep thank goodness. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a nuisance these spammers are, to be sure. Thanks for the heads up.
      How do you block individuals on Blogger, please?

      It sounds like hay fever, doesn't it? I'm waiting or mine to start but so far it's just the occasional sneeze.

      Have a lovely garden shout!
      xx

      Delete
  3. I am excited about the seven beans and it's not even my allotment!

    It's a shame your neck and shoulder pain has flared up again. I hope that resting it again sees an end to it.

    I don't usually watch the Sewing Bee but may have a look this time if it is on iPlayer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be; it usually is on iPlayer.

      Eleven now. We might even have enough for a few portions! ;-)

      Thanks for the sympathy. It's been more comfortable and I think if it plays up tomorrow, I will get out the medication. I really don't want to miss PT tomorrow.
      xx

      Delete
  4. It's really ironic that fuel is so cheap and most of us don't actually need any because we can't go anywhere. Although my youngest son is reaping the benefits at the moment.

    I filled up my car the day I drove home from the Van in case I needed to get to Mum's in an emergency. and haven't been anywhere since so I still have a full tank of petrol that cost me 20p more per litre than it is now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ironic is the word that come to mind here too. I drive to the allotment each day as it's not possible to walk and carry all the tools and there's the occasional shop but that's about it.
      xx

      Delete
  5. poor you with your shoulder - full empathy from me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nuisance but never mind, thanks for the empathy!
      xx

      Delete