Saturday 11 April 2020

Saturday

Good morning.  It was another glorious day, perfect for drying the sheets and even better for eating my meals in the garden!

Look what I saw!  Yes, a strawberry that's well ahead of its time.  What's the betting a late frost will catch it out!  A very pretty colour - it must be one of the new ones.


Yesterday was an easy day.  I didn't go for much of a walk, just to the post box and back.  I'll resume exercises, etc, in a couple of days, to give this neck/shoulder time to settle down.

In fact there was a lot I didn't do.  I didn't get to the allotment; I decided to go down early this morning instead, before too many people are out and about.  I didn't do any sewing.  I didn't do any sorting and tidying.

However, I did watch Jesus Christ, Superstar, I did some knitting, I changed the sheets and got them washed and dried, I started reading the first Merlin book (The Crystal Cave) and I had a lovely half hour chat with Beth and Alex.  I sat out in the sunshine, gathering my share of vitamin D for the day.  And I did my hour or so of algebra on linear equations and it ALL MADE SENSE.  Amazing!

Today's going to be gentle too.
Something energetic:
The most energetic thing I intend doing today is walking between rhubarb, broad bean seeds and tap down the allotment, watering cans in hand plus a bit of bend and stretch to pull some rhubarb.
I might do a bit of weeding out the front too.

Something for the house/garden:
Well, the watering and the weeding as above, there's the sheets to iron and I have a chicken to strip and then the carcass to boil up or stock but generally it's an easy, pottering sort of day

Something social:
Nothing specific is planned for today.  Beth and I have live chats every other day, pretty much.

Something creative:
I'm going to start another top.  Yes, I know, but I have the fabric, the time, the inclination and they are well made (though I say it myself), the style is simple and pretty timeless really and they will last me years.
There's something very satisfying about finally using resources I have stashed away for ages.

Something entertaining:
I'd like to watch the National Theatre's Jane Eyre this evening but, looking in Radio Times, there's Mary Berry's Easter Feast, Easter from Kings and Half a Sixpence (the film) so Jane Eyre may very well be deferred.  It's on until the 16th anyway.

And I will do my bit of algebra too.  I've nearly finished the course now so in the next couple of days I need to look through the Open Learn site to see what I fancy next.


12 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a nice peaceful day planned I hope your neck/shoulder calms down with some rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane. So do I; it's just a bit of a nuisance.
      Have a good day too.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Should be sunny again, have a lovely day.
    Well done on the algebra (it was always like double dutch to me!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too so I am amazed that this time something seems to be connecting. Must be the wisdom of old age.
      Yes, it is absolutely gorgeous here at the moment. The allotment was lovely.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Our strawberry plants from last year are beginning to grow again. I hope we get another good crop from them.
    The weather continues to be bright and sunny and I have been able to keep on top of the laundry quite easily too, although that does also mean I get a steady stream of ironing to do :)
    Have a lovely day. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I - fresh strawberries are the food of the gods. Gorgeous stuff.
      Good luck with the ironing!
      xx

      Delete
  4. I may be changing my viewing plans for the day as well. As well as Half a Sixpence, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is on, and I've just read on Lyssa's blog about Classic FM's Hall of Fame programmes - their annual countdown following their survey of the nation's classical music tastes, which will be fun to listen to.

    Hope you have a good day and the neck/shoulder doesn't trouble you too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spoilt for choice, aren't we? It's all pretty good.
      I think I will have to record Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Me again, the postman brought the wax wraps this morning - a Big Thank you, they are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness, that was very quick. Seriously impressed! I'm glad they've finally arrived and apologies for the delay. Hope you find them useful.
      xx

      Delete
  6. I watched Mary Berry whilst I was making our own very meagre tea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very obviously filmed before the current restrictions!
      I vaguely remembered watching it last year (I think) but still enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to part two this evening.
      I enjoyed Easter from Kings as well.
      xx

      Delete