Wednesday 31 July 2024

Wednesday evening, 31-07-24

 First of all . .  it just has to be said. . .

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HARRY POTTER, FORTY FOUR TODAY!

(Yes, I am childish, I know)

Well, the day started off in a bit of confusion.
I think I have mentioned, Lindsey is doing a different sort of timetable over the summer and I have access to any class.  So I said I would do circuits this morning and PT this afternoon.  However, messages got mixed, Lindsey though no one could come this morning and cancelled it.  Long story short, I ended up going for my Personal Training this morning rather than this afternoon which would work very well if it got super hot later - and if I desperately needed another work out, I could do a pre-record of hers.

The rest of the day passed.  After yesterday's feeling yucky, I was very careful today and, actually, it has been a much nicer day all round.
I walked to Morrisons to get some apples - can't run out of apples - and it was very pleasant.

This afternoon, the lovely Sharon came, worked wonders on my mop of hair, had a good old natter and not I feel neat and tidy again.

And now - some lovely news.  You may remember Beth had been given 'permission' (or whatever it is called) to buy her flat and over the past months things have just been plodding onward.
Well, finally, at long, long last, it is all through, done and dusted, money has been paid and Beth and Alex are now homeowners at last.  I'm so very happy for them both.

So I bid you a very happy goodnight and sweet dreams, everyone.  xx

20 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Beth and Alex. What a relief for them.
    Is it really 44 years since Harry Potter first appeared? How extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not quite. He was born on July 31st 1980 and was one when Voldemort came a calling. It's been quite a while. xx

      Delete
  2. Congrats to Beth and Alex! Harry Potter 44 - yikes. Is that how old he would be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news about Beth and Alex flat-my 49 year old daughter’s mortgage ended at the start of June. It’s a tiny house but suitable for them. Glad you are feeling better-this neat is making me exhausted and I really need to be getting on with putting the house to rights! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be very wearying. It was very much nicer yesterday, thankfully.

      A little house is lovely and it is theirs. Mum and Dad would have been so very pleased, just as you are. xx

      Delete
  4. Wonderful news about Beth and Alex owning the flat. Glad to read that you are feeling better.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, thanks, Jackie. A great comfort.
      And thank you. xx

      Delete
  5. To my shame the whole Harry Potter phenomenon leaves me cold ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚
    That is such lovely news about Beth and Alex's flat ๐Ÿ˜
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't/doesn't grab everyone, I know. :-)
      It's fantastic, isn't it. It's a home for them both and security for alex after Beth pops off (hopefully until long after I am no longer around though). xx

      Delete
  6. The Harry Potter reference is completely lost on me, I'm afraid :)
    I'm so thrilled for Beth and Alex. It must feel wonderful to be homeowners, at last. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < grin >
      I think it really does - they celebrated with scones, jam and cream as neither of them likes bubbly! xx

      Delete
  7. Brilliant news for Beth and Alex, there is nothing better than having a home of your own. Crikey, two generations have passed since Harry Potter was born, how old this makes me feel!! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not really a HP fan to be honest. Great news about the flat purchase. It's nice not to worry about renting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < chuckle > I'll forgive you!

      Yes, it is - for the future, it is security for them. xx

      Delete
  9. It's well worth celebrating when any young people manage to get on the property ladder, it's so difficult these day, well done Alex and Beth. It would seem that a lot of us bloggers were out and about getting our hair cut yesterday, yours is the second post I've read about a haircut this morning ... and I had mine trimmed as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snap! I feel so much better with a tidy head!
      It is worth celebrating, I agree. It's a start and that is very important. xx

      Delete
  10. Wonderful news for Beth and Alex. So pleased that everything has gone ok for them and they own the flat now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So kind, thank you. It truly is wonderful. xx

      Delete