Friday 12 January 2024

Friday, 12-01-24

 Morning, all.  I'm in quite a rush this morning and will do this properly later, probably early afternoon!  Sorry!  xx

12:50-ish
Afternoon, everyone!  Sorry about this morning - I woke early, managed to get back to sleep and then overslept.  I had to be out of the house for Slimming World so I did what I HAD to do on social media and now I'm back to finish.

Yesterday was a pleasant, normal sort of day.
I did half an hour of Lindsey's class and then the salt pellets arrive (they weren't supposed to come until next week but no complaints from me!) so the session finished off with some weights as I carried the bags, one at a time, out to where they go before needed.  I can still feel it in my shoulders!

Then Chris came over for our first coffee and chat since Christmas and we certainly had plenty to discuss, one way and another.  After that, I just got on with clearing and tidying my bedroom.  I found some clothes that I decided I wouldn't wear so they're going to Lindsey's for her charity event and there was some pretty old stuff to chuck too.  As well as that, I found a pile of pretty new T shirts that will see me nicely through the summer.  I hadn't exactly forgotten about them but last summer they were pretty tight and I put them in a bottom drawer.  They fit perfectly now - I tried them all on to make sure.  Woo hoo!

As I have said, today started with a bit of a rush.  I had planned a food shop today and, as frozen avocado chunks were on the list and I can only get them in M&S, off to the clock tower retail park I went straight after SW, first to M&S and then across to Aldi.  It's all done and put away now and I won't go hungry, the amount of fruit and veg I have.

I'm taking it easy for the rest of the day.  It feels odd not to be listening for the cleaners arriving but I'm glad because this cold is really hanging around and, while I'm not feeling any worse, I'm not feeling much better either (please forgive the whinge).  So I am just going to chill, do bits and pieces if or when I feel like it and stay warm.  The house is 'cleaner-friendly' though - I'll probably aim for that state of affairs each Friday anyway, just to keep me motivated!

Have a lovely rest of day, everyone.  xx

14 comments:

  1. Don't overdo the exercise while your cold is still hanging around, Joy - it's bad for your heart. x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't. Lindsey knows I'm not 100% so doesn't worry when I adapt or stop. I like to do what I can but, as you say, sometimes it is more sensible to stop than push on through. xx

      Delete
  2. I didn't know M&S did the frozen avocado! I'll need to check out my local one as my Sainsbury's stopped stocking the Pack'd one I used to buy xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my M&S, it is with the frozen fruit - sometimes they have loads and sometimes there's none. I think it is quite popular so I grab two bags at a time and it lasts me ages.
      xx

      Delete
  3. I woke up early today too, and was going to go back to sleep ... but Ginger the cat had other ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Ginger, you old spoil sport, denying Mum her lie in!
      Cats!!!
      xx

      Delete
  4. We dash off to SW on a Friday too and aim to be there for 9:15 am, because we wait to eat our breakfast after weighing, so we're usually starving. I lost one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done.
      Our group doesn't officially start until nine but Jen opens up at 8:30 and I like to be there to help. Also, people do arrive early and we often start well before nine. It's a busy group so we do need that extra time. xx

      Delete
  5. I woke up early today and got up as I had to be presentable for a Teams meeting at 9am. Hair washed and blown dry and face on with a whisker of time to spare! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done! That's good going, for sure. I hope the meeting went well too. xx

      Delete
  6. Isn't it nice to find some new clothing for the summer.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is really nice - I was so pleased to find that they now fit. xx

      Delete
  7. Never heard of frozen avocado chunks, wish we could get them here. Last time I shopped, avocados were nearly $2 each!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch. I find the ripeness varies too and one can often get a dud whole fruit but the occasional dice sized chunk that refuses to mash is not much of a disaster.
      A shame you can't get them where you are. xx

      Delete