Wednesday 24 January 2024

Wednesday, 24-01-24

 Morning, everyone.  We had some more strong-ish winds overnight but it seems to be more settled now for a while anyway.  It's much milder than last week which is a blessing.

Thanks for your kind words yesterday.  It's not like me to feel low so I'm fighting it and it helped that yesterday was much more productive.  
Groove was brilliant, even though I took the car there and back because of the rain.  Then, after breakfast, I got going with the housework and did pretty much the whole of downstairs.  That leaves upstairs for today and that's a lot easier.

So, today - upstairs and some more clearing stuff in the dumping ground.  That third, little bedroom is never going to be a bedroom again while I live here but it doesn't have to be such an awful mess.

Then, in the afternoon, I'm going to Lindsey's early to help with some sorting out (see below for more info) for her 'event' on Saturday, before having my personal training session.

I think I'm doing enough to keep me active and awake today and, to be fair, yesterday was much better too.  Fingers crossed.

Have a great day, everyone.  xx

This is for anyone living local to Chelmsford and I've copied this bit below from Facebook.

Shimmy 'n' Groove Fitness Ltd
Duration: 4 hr
Public · Anyone on or off Facebook

Wow! Nearly time for the next charity clothing sale;
Saturday 27th January. An open invite.
Midday till 4pm.
12 Wharton drive
CM1 6BF
All money for the Blossom Suite, special birth area at Broomfield Hospital.
Gently loved ladies clothing & bags, plus NEW shoes.
“Take what you want and give what you’re able”.


So - every year, Lindsey organises a Charity Clothing event.  This year is to support the Blossom Suite at our local hospital. 
It is ladies clothing, shoes and bags, new or nearly new but all donated, mostly by her fitness clients or a few from local businesses.
It opens this Saturday at her home, address underlined above, and closes four hours later.  In that time, come, have a good look through, take whatever you can use and make a donation via a Giving Page.
No money will change hands, it is all voluntary donation.

Everyone is welcome, it's not just for Shimmy clients so, if you live locally, please do consider coming and supporting the amazing work of the Blossom Suite.
To make it clear, I'm not asking for donations, just spreading the word so that if you would like to come, you have the details.

I've just copied info from the Giving Page - Deborah is a Shimmy client who, sadly, needed the support of the Blossom Suite last year.

Hi all, this fundraiser is looking to raise money for The Blossom Suite at Broomfield Hospital- a specially designed suite for those babies lost prior or during birth.
Unfortunately my husband and I had to use the suite in October 2022 when we gave birth to our little baby boy, born sleeping at 20weeks. Since our loss we have met a number of other couple and families who have also had to use the suite and have also given birth to angel babies.
The suite is such a valuable one and the work the team do is so important, all money raised goes directly to the suite to help support them with equipment and making the room as comfortable as possible for the families that have to spend time there.
This fundraiser is a chance for those who have taken from the charity sale and want to then donate what they can for their choices.
'Take the clothes you like and donate what you can'.

Thank you in advance for your donations.

16 comments:

  1. What an absolutely wonderful thing to do, I hope lots of money is raised. I'm sorry you've been feeling low, Joy - not like you, as you say. Things on your mind? Sending you good thoughts and a warm hug xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Sooze. I'm picking up now, so think it is just a post viral down, nothing worse. xx

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful thing you are all doing for the Blossom Suite.
    Third bedrooms that aren't really needed.......yes, we have one of those and I'm always using it as a 'dumping ground'. Good luck with your tidying. Thinking of you.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't think I was the only one with a dumping ground. Thankfully, the door shuts tight!! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  3. The Blossom Suite sounds like a wonderful place. The days of ignoring stillborn babies seem to be over, thank goodness. I hope the fundraiser raises lots of money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thank goodness. Tiny does not mean unloved or unmourned. I am very glad that awful grief is now recognised and supported. xx

      Delete
  4. I wish our hospital had a Blossom Suite. Such a lovely idea.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good, isn't it? It's helped an awful lot of people. xx

      Delete
  5. What a lovely way to donate money to such a special cause. I hope it raises lots of money.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like such a worthy cause. I hope the day is successful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it will be well supported. Lindsey has a wide network. xx

      Delete
  7. I agree a great cause. I too hope it raises a lot of money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely - it is so needed and will be so well used. xx

      Delete
  8. Good for you to get all your chores done. Hope you are feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, thanks, Steph. Brightening up by the day. A great relief. xx

      Delete