Sunday 28 January 2024

Sunday, 28-01-24

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to another cold and frosty start to the day.  Proper winter weather, cold but fine, and fingers crossed it stays like this.

Lindsey's pop up clothes shop event went brilliantly.  As I said yesterday, it was crowded from the word go, I've just looked at the Giving Page and it's just a fiver short of £2,100.  Isn't that amazing?  That's pretty much it although there might be a few late donations, I don't know.  What's left is going to various charity shops or into drop off points so, hopefully, everything will be used one way or another.  It won't just go into landfill.
Brilliant, Lindsey, a resounding congratulations.

After that, I went on to Sainsbury's which is just a short drive down the road from Shimmy Studio and seemed to spend an awful lot but at least half is for next month - things like their dishwasher and washing powder.  I also found some of their sauce flour that I've been wanting to try.  Sadly, it looks like they've stopped stocking the Fage 2% Greek yogurt which I liked so much - they haven't had it in for more than a couple of months now.

Today, the biggie is that Beth and Alex are coming over for Sunday lunch.   When I went to Morrisons, I found a nice piece of silverside that wasn't too shockingly costly and that's now in the slow cooker.  Well, half of it is because it was big enough to cut nicely into two.  The other bit is in the freezer, of course.  How did we manage without freezers, eh?

I've been busy knitting.  I'm dividing my time between scarves for the homeless and tiny little hats and jackets for premature baby units - I have several 4 ply patterns now, thanks for your help, plus a new blog to follow.  This one - https://mariannaslazydaisydays.blogspot.com/  and it's lovely (if you like knitting, etc).

I need to read back over all your lovely blogs too - I'm so behind, all out of date and really sorry for not keeping up.  That's what I will do after doing below . . .

I really need to get going and sort out the jungle I call my living room.  I've prepped loads of veg so there will be lots of lovely leftovers to use for other meals, saving me time and power.  It won't take long to tidy up, I just need to get going with it so I will love you and leave you now.  Have a great Sunday.  xx

14 comments:

  1. That's a great fundraising achievement!. Well done to Lindsey and everyone else involved.
    Enjoy your lunch. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good, isn't it? And the beef is starting to smell wonderfully - er - beefy!!!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Great achievement by Lindsey’s group and it’s great that nothing is going to landfill. Enjoy the time with your family today.Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased for her.
      Thanks, I'm looking forward to seeing them. xx

      Delete
  3. What a good fundraiser that was. Sounds as if its worth being a regular event

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a once a year thing and this one is the best yet. xx

      Delete
  4. There's plenty of goodwill in the community. Well done, all. x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed - and it's a reasonably affluent area too which makes a big difference. xx

      Delete
  5. that was a nice amount raised, everyone will be happy......

    ReplyDelete
  6. A brilliant idea on so many fronts. Well done to Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed. LIndsey has worked hard on this and must be so happy with the outcome. I'm seeing her this morning so can say well done. xx

      Delete
  7. That is a wonderful amount to be raised for a worthy cause. Glad it went so well for Lyndsey. Thank you for sharing the new blog link, I shall enjoy looking at all the lovely patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pleasure. It's a treasure of a place, isn't it? xx

      Delete