Saturday 20 January 2024

Saturday, 20-01-24

Good morning, everyone.  It's definitely warmed up around here.  I don't think there's a frost now and it struck me as far less icy when I went out to the freezer for some stuff.

Chis, was it you who recommended Marianna's Lazy Daisy Days site?   Apologies for the three answers - I've found how to follow now.  What a lovely blog; it is definitely going to be a first port of call when I wand baby knits from now on.

Yesterday was a really nice day.
Slimming World was heaving again - all the regulars, returners, people from a group that has closed and the New Year Newbies too.  Weighing was a busy task and we are reorganising it a bit so that there's not such a long queue.  It's nice though - lovely to see so many people having a good time.

I then popped to Morrisons for some fresh stuff.  Was it in here or my other blog when I said about the Christmas gravy granules, pigs in blankets flavour, and how much I liked it.  I looked to get some more pots after New Year but couldn't find any.  However, yesterday, Morrisons had a whole stack of them reduced.  Cheers!

The Coach Company newsletter landed in my mailbox and I am now booked for two more trips, one to Wroxham with a cruise along the Norfolk Broads and the other to a Knit and Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace - not a festive one though.  I wonder if a friend will have a stall there; she often does these big shows.
I went through my diary to see how many of these day trips I have booked for 2024 now.  in order they are:
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
Norwich
Battersea Power Station and the RAH
Swan Lake
Wroxham and Norfolk Broads cruise
Canterbury
Highclere Castle
Buckingham Palace and Gardens
Knit and Stitching Show
What a lot of lovely things I have to look forward to!

That was about it for yesterday really.  The rest of the day was spent moving stuff around or putting it away, bit of housework, some ironing - all the usual stuff.

I think today is going to be pretty much the same.  I have an online SET class first thing and then a list of household tasks.  I might do a bit in the garden if the ground softens but I have a feeling it will still be too hard to do much.
Just a pottering sort of day.  Perfect for Saturday.
Take care, stay warm, and be happy, everyone.  xx

10 comments:

  1. Lots of outings to enjoy and such a variety-I’d love to see Highclere. We have a wet and windy day with the forecast saying it will get even wetter and windier today and tomorrow. Enjoy your relaxing day. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not been wet here, not windy but I gather wind is on the way and there are warnings for tomorrow and Monday. It's supposed to rain overnight too.
      It's been a very pleasant day, thank you. xx

      Delete
  2. Milder and windier here and the sun is absent. The ground is still very hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is - there was no point trying to do any garden work. xx

      Delete
  3. Wet, windy and a little warmer here but I'd rather have the frost with sunshine any day !
    Your list of outings sounds great, a good mix.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've not had wet or wind yet but it's on the way. xx

      Delete
  4. So many lovely outings to look forward to this year. Enjoy each and every one of them.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie. I really am looking forward to them all. xx

      Delete
  5. Lots of lovely trips. Mum and I went to the Knitting and Stitching Show. It was really busy, but a fun time. I think it was just a little hard, at times, to find somewhere to sit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine it was. The trip info suggested we take a packed lunch to avoid queueing for ages and I've made a note of it in my diary.
      I need to save up, I think, for this one! :-)
      xx

      Delete