Tuesday 23 January 2024

Tuesday, 23-01-24 edited

Morning, all.  Apologies for the lateness but I overslept (again) and had to get out for Groove.  The wind had died down by later afternoon yesterday and, right now, it's just raining. However, it looks like the wind is going to pick up again overnight.  We will see.

Yesterday was another sleepy day.  I'm doing such a lot of sleeping at the moment, presumably a healing thing after the rather nasty cold virus thingy in the first part of January.   Whenever I sat down yesterday, I went to sleep and I still slept pretty well overnight.  No complaints but I really must get some work done today.

I did manage to take advantage of the breeze and the sunshine to get a load of washing out on the line and revelled in the freshness when I brought them in again.  What with garden work and bad weather, it's ages since I was able to dry the washing outside so that was very cheering.  I've been feeling more than a bit down in recent days (not like me) so anything that cheers me up is most welcome.  Just post viral stuff, I am sure, but I'd really like it to go and take a running jump!!

On to today and I'm back from an enjoyable and energetic Groove class.  I took the car today because the rain was just starting and I'm glad I did as the walk home would have been a dampening experience!  No hanging washing on the line today and no gardening either.

What I do want to do is some tidying, dusting and sweeping, just to brighten everything up and I'm not going to sit down until it's done.

But first - breakfast.  Porridge is what I planned and it feels just right on a dull damp day.  So I'll say goodbye and get it ready.  Have a great day, whatever you have planned.  xx


18 comments:

  1. I've noticed a number of bloggers declaring that they don't feel quite right. I think it's quite common in the dark days of January and February - SAD, perhaps? Seasonal Affective Disorder is assisted by post-viral blues, probably, and sleep is definitely good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be a bit of SAD, who knows, and it does help to know one is not the only one. As you say, sleep is a Very Good Thing. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. I know how I've been feeling post Xmas and I'm guessing that you've got the temporary post Holiday/Xmas/virus blues too - I admire the fact that you carry on your routines , especially thinking getting out for all the exercise you do is a great antidote to feeling a little low.........I'm finding I'm snoozing more at the moment...roll on spring 😘 X
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, I do feel loads better after an exercise class. Today's Groove was really good.
      Thanks for the encouraging words and Spring can't be far away . . . xx

      Delete
  3. It sounds as if you needed the sleep in order to heal, but if it carries on it could in fact be SAD. Lack of light does not help that disorder at all.

    I am trying to keep busy and awake myself.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see how it goes. I think it's just post viral tiredness, to be honest, plus a natural reaction to shorter days and gloomy weather.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Probably a bug…quite common after cruises…you don’t seem to me to stop long enough to experience SAD…sorry but you are amazing…Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Brenda. A bug or post viral stuff. xx

      Delete
  5. February is my down month, I need to keep myself busy. Hopefully you are feeling okay as the day progressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had a much better day, thanks, Gill. February often brings some rotten weather, doesn't it? The bulbs are coming up though, and that's cheering. xx

      Delete
  6. I so wish I could hang my laundry to dry, especially sheets, but not only is it too cold for that here (though we've warmed up considerably), the city does not permit clothes lines.
    Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's a shame - and not that environmentally friendly either. Why is that?
      xx

      Delete
    2. I suspect it has something to do with keeping properties maintained in an "attractive" manner. I don't have an issue with them, and would love to have one of my own. I suspect there are some out there in various neighbourhoods as long as a neighbour doesn't complain.

      Delete
    3. You could very well be right and I wouldn't be surprised . . . xx

      Delete
  7. Sorry that you're feeling a little off. I'm sure the extra sleep will do you good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must need it, I think. So, yes, I'm not fighting it. :-) xx

      Delete
  8. Hope you start to feel better soon, wow you pegged out your washing? We're still using our tumble drier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just one load - and it nearly dried! I love the freshness of line dried washing. xx

      Delete