Tuesday 6 July 2021

Tuesday

 Good morning, everyone.  Another wet start to the day and it looks as if it's rained on and off all night.  I haven't been checking the forecast for a while but I just did; it's supposed to dry up later and we might even see a bit of sun.  That would be nice.

Thank goodness, I slept much better overnight.  I do still feel weary but that's fine, that's the way it goes.

This week I am making making myself do not a lot.  It's the first week since I injured my ankles/calves/whatever that I've actually been able to rest them properly and it's helping a fair old bit.  I feel lazy but that's a false feeling - I need to rest up so I am.  :-)

Yesterday morning, Dave came round and now all the old bedding, etc, has gone.  My two really are worth their weight at the moment, bless them.
The only other thing of note was tuition and, thinking about the ankles/etc, I was bad enough to take the car rather than walk.  It's only about five minutes walk down the road but even so, I'm really trying to be careful so car it was.  It was lovely to get back to a bit of teaching.  I had cut down on my students because I wanted more time for Dad so I'm having a bit of a rethink now.  Shall I take on a few more students again or not?  I don't know; I'll think about it.

Today, there is absolutely nothing in the diary.  I need to do a bit of a shop for some fresh stuff and I think I will drive over to M&S because their fresh fruit and veg is such great quality and lasts longer. 

That's about it really and it's time for my coffee so I will stop typing and turn the kettle on.  Have a good day and stay dry!

16 comments:

  1. Isn't it odd how some shops fruit and veg lasts longer than others, in theory you would hope that they all buy as fresh as possible.
    Have a good day - weather looks horrible here - good day for having a rest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really weird, yes, you would think so but in reality it's a fact - some does last better. Storage quality, perhaps? I don't know.
      xx

      Delete
    2. Sprayed/dipped in something nasty I have no doubt

      Delete
    3. Who knows. I'd have thought M&S would be careful with that sort of thing.
      xx

      Delete
  2. So pleased you had a good sleep and don't forget it's early days yet and it's do nice that you have help when you need it. Your comments are always good to read you are so happy and contented.
    I agree M&S produces is worth buying and usually same price. Enjoy your day.
    Hazel 🌈🌈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, M&S used to be a more costly shop but either their prices have come down (proportionally) or other have gone up faster because there's precious little difference, I think. I also love a particular cheddar that they have and their skinny burgers are delicious!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Taking time to rest is so important, Joy! I'm glad you are taking care of yourself. Glad you slept better,also. I know what you mean about enjoying getting to do some teaching. I enjoy doing a bit of tutoring to keep my hand in teaching still.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice thing to be able to do but I guess I have to stop at some point. It's just a thought right now - I have my current two for another year, all being well.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Glad you can take things easy this week.

    The issue of finding decent produce is the same over the Pond...except that for me, it would require a significant amount of driving (30 miles RT) to go to a different grocer than the one nearest me. Very frustrated when items show signs of spoilage within a couple of days--especially fruit. Whenever I come over the Pond (usually solo), I stay at my usual hotel--provides a studio with a kitchen--so I can buy my own food rather than go out to restaurants. M&S usually gets my trade for food, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must be so frustrating for you. It's one thing to go across town but 30 miles - no way!
      A studio with a kitchen sounds great.
      xx

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you enjoyed restarting your tuition. Just tell me to mind my own business but this is meant as a friend ... I'd advise against taking on more pupils immediately as there is a risk of overloading yourself while you are still in the early stages of bereavement as well as all the work and stress related to your responsibilities as an executor. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right and I'm not sure I want to anyway. I'll just be thinking about it. Thanks, Eileen, wise words.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Tuition sounds like a great focus for you, especially just now. See how it goes. You may feel like taking on a few more students as time goes on. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe. See how it all goes. I enjoy my current students; they are lovely youngsters.
      xx

      Delete
  7. I'm glad you slept better Joy. I always say to my children to never make decisions in difficult times and I think maybe you should let some time go by and take care of just you at the moment. xx

    ReplyDelete