Tuesday 18 January 2011

Tuesday morning

. . . and I've been tagged by Rachel at Rachel's Delicious Journey! Sounds painful, doesn't it? :0) It's all about four so here we go!

Four TV shows I watch:
Hard one because I hardly ever watch anything consistently. At the moment I tend to watch (if the telly is on)
Baking made easy On Monday evenings and there's a couple of recipes on there already I want to make, basic flapjacks being one of them)
The Biggest Loser (UK) I have a sort of horrid fascination for this one.
Dancing on Ice. I'm a bit on and off with this one but maybe I will get into it as it progresses. I prefer Strictly really and did watch that every week.
The last is a bit of a cheat but I kind of connect them in my mind. Pointless and Eggheads. Two fairly gentle quiz programmes shown early evenings. I sometimes do some step while they are on.
The programmes I want to watch and turn the telly on for are not showing right now - Doctor Who and Merlin, for example. What does that say about me, I wonder (no need to answer that, thank you!)?

Four things I am passionate about
It's funny the way 'passionate' has changed meaning over the last decade or so. It used to mean physical passion and, to oldie me, its modern use sometimes jars. I suppose it means things that I'm really very interested in and devote time and energy to developing.
I would have to say the first is my family. I count them as best friends and family relationships is the most important thing in my life.
Next is teaching. It's the best, a great job, always interesting, often frustrating and terribly exhausting at times, but there's nothing like it!
I really enjoy reading about and looking up new recipes, especially those that use basic, everyday ingredients and put a new twist on things. I don;t have much time for those that require special, hard-to-find, expensive ingredients that are going to be used once and then wasted.
I've always enjoyed craft activities. Whether it be card making, knitting, crochet, cross stitch, origami . . . I can't think of a time in my life when I didn't have something either being planned or being made. At present I'm crocheting a beanie hat (I think that's what it's called) in pink, lilac and blue.

Four words/phrases I use a lot
LOL - the first one has to be shhhhhhh My children hear that quite a lot!
Sorry? comes a close second. It goes with being hard of hearing and missing what people say.
After that I really don't know. I suppose have a go first and then we'll talk about it comes very high on the list. There are certain little people who hear it quite a lot.
Oh dear, I can *still* hear someone talking has to come quite high on the list. No comment needed
See, all teaching talk. Spending all day at school and living on my own makes this inevitable, I suppose!

There are three more but I reckon I've rabbited on enough for now - I'll try to remember to finish this off this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment