Saturday, 15 January 2011

Saturday: early afternoon

Well, that was a full morning.

I decided to go into town first and then to Tesco so off I went. I got piles of stuff at Lakeland and when I said to the shop assistant that I was going to pay in three separate lots she smiled and said 'It's the £5 off vouchers, I suppose.' very patiently. I didn't buy too much extra not on the list though, which makes me a Very Good Lady because I was sorely tempted.

After I'd dropped that load back in the car, I ventured into the rest of town. I managed to get the hearing appointment sorted and I ventured into M&S to look at their 'fuller' range, which looked very nice but nothing that I couldn't do myself if I wanted to, and with carbs like potatoes, pasta and rice, which I'm trying to cut back on. The protein element was certainly very present though, which is good, and maybe I will treat myself one of these days.

We have a sort of 'gourmet' street market along the pedestrianised High Street. The fruit stall had Sevilles, so I got some, plus some sprouts that looked rather good and some large open mushrooms.
I then stopped at the pork stall. I managed to resist the specialist sausages, but I did get six slices of very good, very nice looking smoked bacon. Horrifically expensive, it was, but they are very thick so one will do for a breakfast.

But it was when I moved along to the next stall that my resistance almost crumbled. It's an artisan bread stall and oh, the variety, the flavours, the aromas . . . expensive, of course, but . . .
Well, I did manage to resist, but I have promised myself that I will treat myself at some point, maybe over half term. The loaves are dear but they are large and I would be able to freeze most of each loaf for other times.

Then off to Tesco and, would you believe it, no step. So I went to their Home Plus shop and - no step. By then I was getting frustrated, tired, hungry and - er, how can I put it - beginning to wish I had better pelvic floor muscles, so I went to Argos and got one there. I nobly resisted Hobbycraft, which really was the triumph of the morning, I reckon.

Now I'm home and, first things first, have had my lunch. One must get ones priorities right, after all. So now it's unpacking time which should be great fun.

No comments: