Monday 3 January 2011

Monday: evening

. . . and that's it. Holiday over, back to the grindstone again. I really could do with a few more days (couldn't everyone?) now that I'm no longer aching and feeling a bit yuck. Never mind, not long till the weekend!

It's been quite a creative day today. I decided I needed to do something about all the shelled nuts I have left over and asked in Virtual Slimming. Someone posted some links, one of which was for a 'mixed nut roast' which I decided to try. It was jolly nice too. Here's the link. I guess this counts as my first N R C offering. It got a bit changed - garlic, vegetarian 'Worcester' sauce and paprika were added and I was pleased with the results. The only problem was that it fell apart a bit when I sliced it - a little beaten egg would probably solve that one.

I also hunted for a pattern for an egg cosy as my efforts kept coming out too big and found a nice one here which I easily turned into a Santa hat with a pom pom on top and a white band around the bottom. It gave me a rather early idea for Christmas presents for next year's class - I did say 'early' after all. I might post a photo at some point if I get round to taking one.

How would we manage without Google, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment