Sunday 31 March 2024

Sunday evening, 31-03-24

Five years ago, early on Sunday morning, also Mothering Sunday, my dear Mum passed away in hospital after a stroke.  She was 92.  Today I have been remembering her with the greatest affection.


RIP, Mum.  I miss you greatly.


Good evening, everyone.  Just a very quick post as I've just posted the one about Norwich which is pretty long.
It's been a nice day.  Beth and Alex came over and we had lunch together and a really nice chat through the afternoon.  Just a quiet family time.
The sinuses are still twinging a bit, not bad enough for tablets but I think I will dose up before going to bed, just in case.  I can get some decongestant tomorrow if it's really necessary.

As for tomorrow, I have absolutely no plans whatsoever.  No fitness sessions, nothing.  I'll probably do some washing and some housework and then chill.  If it is nice and sunny, a walk might be good.  I haven't checked what the forecast is and, to be honest, it really doesn't matter anyway.
What are your plans for Bank Holiday Monday?

Sleep tight, everyone.  xx

16 comments:

  1. What a lovely picture. My mum too passed away in her early nineties , never recovering from a devastating stroke. Thinking of you.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alison. Feeling for you too. It was time but even so . . . I feel so blessed to have so many lovely memories through my lifetime. xx

      Delete
    2. 😘
      Alison x

      Delete
  2. Lovely photo of your mom.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jackie. She was a very lovely lady. xx

      Delete
  3. It's hard to understand how someone so vibrant can suddenly not be here any longer.
    Hope your sinuses have stopped playing up now. x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few twinges now and again but nothing bad. It's fine, thanks.
      Yes, I find it hard to accept that all that personality, energy and vibrancy just goes. But not forgotten . . .
      xx

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful photo of your Mum. Hope you managed a good night’s sleep and are going to enjoy a relaxing day at home. We are doing very little today as the temperature has dropped again so no gardening today. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, thanks, slept like a log. Bliss!
      What a shame the weather is not great. It has to improve soon. for sure. xx

      Delete
  5. That is a beautiful photograph of your lovely mum. You must miss her terribly.
    I'm glad you're feeling a little better now. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jules, yes, I do. And yes, I am - a great relief. xx

      Delete
  6. That's a lovely photo of your mum. How's the sinuses this morning. I've picked up a rotten cold and feel rough as old boots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, poor love, that's so miserable for you. The sinuses are much better, thanks. Just residual twinges.
      Look after yourself and rest up as much as you can. xx

      Delete
  7. It is still so hard isn't it. I lost my mum only a few weeks later and she was 92 too. I miss her terribly but try and remember all the good times and what a wonderful mum she was to me and my brother.. Glad you were able to share your own happy memories with Beth and Alex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Sending you love and, yes, we are so fortunate to have such lovely memories, aren't we? xx

      Delete