Monday 7 October 2024

Monday evening, 07-10-24

 Evening, everyone!

Here's some info about the CAL I have decided to make.  

The link to Black Sheep Wools where I found the project - or, to be fair, a vlogger, Julie Buda, told me where to find it as she is doing it herself.  You can download the free pattern here - scroll down.
https://www.blacksheepwools.com/collections/the-gift-of-christmas-crochet-along-by-anita-gibney

Here's the link to the YouTube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/@Madebyanita/videos

And here's the link to the Black Sheep Make Alongs group on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/blacksheepmakealong

Borrowed from the site in the colourway I have chosen (Retro).
I was too late to the party to get the yarn pack.  A shame, because it was great value.

You can, of course, use yarn from your stash but I've been so successful at reducing my stash, I don't have enough of the right kind of colours.

You make six of each rectangle in different colours and each one showcases a different crochet stitch/style.  The first one - the one that is already out - is a granny square and an integral bow which looks very clever but is really simple, judging by the demo video.  I can't wait to get started and it will be nice to have a small project to take with me to Center Parcs.  The waffle stitch blanket is too big to take really and I am expecting to have finished it by the end of this week anyway.

This does NOT mean I won't be looking when I go to the Knit and Stitching thing at the Ally Pally next Saturday, obviously!! 
As we all know, two projects are better than one, any time of the year!  🤣

I missed circuits but all the parcels I was expecting were delivered so that's good.  Not so good was that I wasn't asked to sign for the one I should have been asked to sign for.  Oh, well, everything is here now and that is the most important thing.

And now I must get this posted as I will be called for an online chat shortly.  Wishing us all a really good evening.  xx

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the information. The blanket/afghan is beautiful. I shall look at all the details shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing-this is going to be a lovely colourful project. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will enjoy making that! 😁

    ReplyDelete