Thursday 24 October 2024

Thursday evening, 24-10-24

Evening, everyone!  It has been another glorious day, a two loads dried on the line day.  Wonderful!

Actually, it didn't start that great.  I tried to join Lindsey's call for the SET class.  First of all the web cam refused to work, then the sounds went.  Finally, the picture froze and my internet went down.  It came back up but by that time there wasn't much point joining.

Chris' husband isn't well so Chris said no chat today - she didn't want to spread any lurgies which I completely agreed with.  This morning she sent a message saying 'how about an online chat'.  I really don't know why we didn't think of that earlier; goodness knows, we have had enough of them in the past!!
By then, my connection was up again so I send a call and we had a really good old natter.

I think my holiday vibe has now disappeared.  I tidied up my sock box - I have WAY too many socks!!  I got the first load of washing out on the line and started the second load.  


Then I did some more crochet and finished the granny square tank top.  It doesn't look amazing in the photo but on me it looks nice (with a polo neck underneath) and, given that I wasn't working from a pattern, I am quite chuffed with it.
I also finished this week's rectangles for the Christmas project.

I think I was very good because instead of starting another thing, I got out the ironing board and not only did the outstanding ironing, I also did today's lot too.

Then and only then did I get on with my knitting.  :-)
Can you see my halo?
I rather fancy having a go at these hand warmers next, not in those colours though.  I'm going to give them a go and, if they work, I can make some for The Girls for our Santa evening in December to go with the snoods I am knitting.  I think I'll make the cuffs a bit longer though.  

I found it on Readly but the pattern is from Woman's Weekly.  I had to do a screen shot and I don't think the instructions are that clear but I'll post them below and fingers crossed.


Hoping you have all had the best day.  Sleep well, stay safe and keep warm.  xx

2 comments:

  1. Love the crochet top and well done on working out the pattern yourself. Agree that the hand warmers need a substantial amount added to the wristband to be of any use keeping you warm. I was cutting fabric today for next Tuesday’s class to make a 12” square Christmas mat by hand stitching it. Happy knitting! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the top. I bet it looks really nice on.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete