Sunday 13 October 2024

Sunday evening, 13-10-24

Evening, all.  It feels right chilly as I type this but I'm tired and will be off to bed soon so no point turning up the heating really.  It does seem to be getting significantly chillier now, doesn't it?  It will be so nice to light the log burner in our lodge tomorrow evening.

Today has been busy but pretty much everything is now done and ready with just a few things to finish off tomorrow.  I popped round to Beth's this afternoon and now her cases are in my boot.  There's very little room in her car because of all the space the wheelchair and hoist takes up.
I've just checked the route (although I do know it by now, really) and my case, etc, is all downstairs by the front door.

I'll keep up these posts as much as ever I can but don't worry if one doesn't appear.  It will be because we're out and about.

Good night, everyone.  Have you had a pleasant weekend?  I do hope so.  Sleep well and keep nice and warm.  xx

10 comments:

  1. Have a lovely time, Joy
    Sooze xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze. I'm so looking forward to it. xx

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your excursion. I hope all goes as planned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris. We will - we all love Center Parcs. xx

      Delete
  3. Have fun! Yes, it is getting cooler here, too. I lit a fire in the fireplace for the first time this year today. It made the cabin feel so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds absolutely delightful - I can imagine anything nicer than a real fire in a cabin on a cold evening. So comfortable and cosy. xx

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your time away. Nothing beats a log fire on a chilly autumn day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely nothing - and sharing it with family is the icing on the cake. Fire, a warm drink, crochet in hand and lots of family chatter. I feel so fortunate. xx

      Delete
  5. Have a good journey and a wonderful time with your loved ones. xx

    ReplyDelete