Sunday 3 December 2023

Sunday, 03-12-23: Blogmas 3

Good morning, lovely people.  Welcome to a soggy, wet Sunday morning, above freezing for the first time in days and if we did get any snow overnight, we don't have it now.

In today's Body Shop Advent Calendar box was a little bottle of tea tree skin clearing toner.

I looked it up on the site and it says:  Super refreshing with a water-like texture, this Toner gently removes any residue after cleansing, leaving skin mattified and clearer of excess oil. Helps to purify skin and visibly reduce the appearance of blemishes
Skin feels thoroughly cleansed, softer and smoother
No tight-feeling skin
Enriched with purifying Community Fair Trade tea tree oil and salicylic acid
Infused with the fresh scent of tea tree
Suitable for oily and blemish-prone skin
Dermatologically tested 


My skin isn't unclear or oily but neither is it in great shape, not at my age, and I rarely wear make up, but I'll give this a go and see if it works any magic.  Bet it doesn't!  
The bumph on the box informs us that this oil is sustainably sources in Kenya, partnered with independent farmers. 

I took a photo of the wreath and
  • it was a very dull, dismal day so hasn't photo-ed well
  • I wanted a change to went for subdued and understated but I've decided that isn't me at all and next year I will be back to my red, green and gold vibe
  • after all, is understated Christmas even a thing?
  • but it looks - OK.  I'm happy!

So - yesterday.  I managed to get some stuff into the garden room storage and it's going in better than I thought - by that, I mean things are taking up less room and I can get more behind those doors than I thought.

People have been asking me 'what will you use it for?'
That's set me thinking and I've come to the conclusion that it will be whatever I want it to be.   What I mean is that by moving things in/out, it can be multi function.
If I have friends round, I can put a buffet and bar up in there.
I can move my small collection of exercise equipment and make it a mini gym
I can set up a table and turn it into a craft/sewing room
And I can have it as it is now - with chairs and a little table to sit in and have coffee and chats.
At a pinch, I could set up a blow up mattress and have it as a guest bedroom although until I get blinds put in, that isn't really feasible and there's no plumbing
And - note to self - I must see if the wheelchair ramp fits.  It isn't the end of the world if it doesn't but if it does we could have girls' nights face to face through the year im it.

Any other ideas, folks?

In the afternoon I drove off to Sharon's workshop.  I could have walked but it was nasty, freezing, foggy and I'd be coming back after dark when the pavements might be icy.
It was great fun, all the better for having a little think beforehand about what I wanted to do.  I haven't finished it yet but when I have I'll take a photo, whether I think it good, bad or indifferent!

And then I was home in time for Doctor Who and then Strictly.
The first was a scary one, in a similar genre to 'Blink' and 'Midnight'.  Really enjoyed it and will watch it again on iPlayer to pick up on details I always seem to miss first time.

No spoilers for Strictly but such a shame Nigel and Katya have had to leave after Nigel's injury.  They must be gutted.  I wonder how they are going to do the 'results' show when there are no results.  I'll find out later!

So . . .
This morning will be mostly taken up with going back and forth 'twix house and garden room and then, hopefully, garage and garden room.
This afternoon I am off out to the County Hotel for a Lindsey/Shimmy orgained festive afternoon tea.  That will be great fun and I'm really looking forward to it no end.  A chance to wear a sparkly top and, possibly, my shiny boots.  Lindsey said 'dress to sparkle'.


Today's Blogmas Advent music is a song that always says 'Christmas has started' to me because it's the first DVD we watch on Christmas Tree Day.  It is, of course, the beautiful 'Walking in the air' from The Snowman, sung by Peter Auty, NOT Aled Jones.


And then, just because I want to, another rendering of the same song, by the totally amazing Libera.



Sing along.  I do - but quietly so as not to scare the neighbours!!

We’re walking in the air
We’re floating in the moonlit sky
The people far below are sleeping as we fly
I’m holding very tight
I’m riding in the midnight blue
I’m finding I can fly so high above with you
On across the world the villages go by like dreams
The rivers and the hills, the forests and the streams
Children gaze open mouthed taken by surprise
Nobody down below believes their eyes
We’re surfing in the air, we’re swimming in the frozen sky
We’re drifting over icy mountains floating by
Suddenly swooping low on an ocean deep
Rousing up a mighty monster from his sleep
We’re walking in the air
We’re dancing in the midnight sky
And everyone who sees us greets us as we fly
We’re walking in the air

22 comments:

  1. There's nothing so pure as a young choirboy's voice is there? Beautiful. We really enjoyed Dr Who, it was a good one. Such a pity about Nigel and Katya. It doesn't seem right with just 4 couples now, does it? Have a lovely time later, Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it feels very thin on the ground. Such a shame.
      I love choral voices. xx

      Delete
  2. This made me smile. Me and Lily were singing 'Walking in the air' while we were in the snow yesterday. She said it reminded her of the film.
    I think your wreath looks lovely. I can't finish mine just yet, as I still need to collect some more greenery, but it's all covered in snow. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely song, isn't it? Perfect for singing in the snow!
      And thank you. I'm glad I tried a different vibe. xx

      Delete
  3. It's a lovely song, magical, wistful.
    Your festive tea sounds fun. x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to it. Lovely grub and great company. Yay!! xx

      Delete
  4. I love your wreath especially the blueish tones of the eucalyptus (I think). I would have put the bow at the top as that’s what I always do because it hides the hook I hang mine on. Glad you enjoyed your other class and look forward to seeing what you made. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder why I put it at the bottom. I always put it at the top - and I didn't even notice. Yes, it's eucalyptus. xx

      Delete
  5. Your wreath looks lovely - I like the idea of a slightly understated Christmas... but I'm a bah-humbug kinda girl at the best of times. If you want a different take on Walking In The Air, look up the version by Nightwish, very different, but also sort of true to the original.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - not me at all, I love an OTT festival!
      I'll look that up right now, thank you.

      Oh, yes, that is powerful . . . I love it
      xx

      Delete
  6. How beautiful x
    Great thing about your garden room is it's flexibility - with those doors, in the summer, it's going to be great for entertaining........in the winter, I think I would be crafting in there x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of crafting. Plenty of cupboard space for all my sewing stuff, etc.
      It really us a lovely, flexible space.
      xx

      Delete
  7. You have so many choices for your garden room now. Enjoy using it :-)
    I really like you wreath in its shades of green, just beautiful.
    We watched the Dr Who last night and thought the same thing. Similar in feel to 'Blink'. Stay warm and cosy and have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Whatever the colour, a wreath is so festive, isn't it? xx

      Delete
  8. what a neat advent calendar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Body Shop stuff is usually really good. So far, I'm very impressed. xx

      Delete
  9. Lovely song I really like the Libera version.

    I use Body Shop items all the time. I love their body washes and scrubs. Not so much the body butters but have a bunch I need to use.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Libera is a wonderful choir. I love their 'ambience' too.
      I agree re Body Shop. Good stuff.
      xx

      Delete
  10. You're getting some nice things in the advent calendar. I'd like a little space like that for a craft room. It looks so bright and airy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm pleased so far. Not full sized products but that's OK, and it gives me a good idea of what they have available.
      I think come the summer it will be lovely and bright. The lights are 'daylight' ones which works really well.
      xx

      Delete
  11. Understated is definitely not a Christmas word for us. Bring on the bling and glitz is more our thought on Christmas. Your wreath does look very pretty though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cherie. I tried but understated isn't my game either. xx

      Delete