Sunday 24 December 2023

Sunday, 24-12-23: Blogmas 24 and day 3

Morning, everyone.  Thank you for your lovely comments.  I can only see them via the side tab and, even then, only the first part if it's a bit longer but it's lovely to see them.

Day three was another cruising day - the actual expeditions don't begin until < checks info sheets > day six with a ride on the Arctic railway from Narvik (Norway) to Riksgransen in Sweden - and back by coach.
Today we cruise up Hjorundfjord and back again - lots of wonderful scenery, they say.  Photo opportunities!
Then, on Christmas Day we cruise Torghatten and past the Seven Sisters.
And there's plenty to do on board - talks, quizzes and the usual stuff like the gym.

Just to avoid confusion (mine as well as yours), when it says Day 3 or whatever, it means it is about cruise day three which is the day before.

OK, so about yesterday - day three.  It was another cruising day that started with breakfast at nine.  


We went to the Observatory (that's where the above clip was taken) for a talk - sorry, spa seminar - in the morning entitled Understand Your Metabolism.  I guess I didn't learn anything new but it was interesting and Diane and I had a good discussion about it all afterwards, the gist of it being how lucky we were to have a Lindsey in our lives!
We located the library which is a nice, quiet space, and I borrowed a book.  


Lunch came all too soon (this is a corner table in the café we go to from a choice of, I think, three)


. . . and straight after that we went to a talk on 'Our Victorian Christmas'.  I'm afraid we might possibly have dozed off for a short time.  Ooops.

Then it was straight back to the Observatory for a One Traveller afternoon tea.  Such a hard life.  

After a quick change for the evening, it was back up to the observatory for pre dinner drinks and canapes (no, I didn't have any canapes - I couldn't possibly) before going back down for dinner.
I had the house salad starter, as did Diane.  As SW girls, we both needed some nice, crunchy veg and it was lovely.  Then I had a beetroot and something or other tarte tatin with a raspberry vinaigrette and it was absolutely delicious!

(I'm afraid you're going to see a lot of food in the next couple of weeks!)

The day finished off in the Neptune Lounge (the theatre) for a fab show with the singers and dancers giving us a sing-along (I did) and dance-along (not a chance) show of Rock and Roll numbers.  Great fun.

It's now Sunday morning and this is the final edit before it goes live at eight o'clock.  Christmas Eve and there are so many things I want to do, I can't see how I can fit them all in.  I'll do my best!
Have a wonderful Christmas Eve, however you spend it.  xx
The last day of Advent, both in the Church and in here and the music has to be the beautiful 'Once in Royal David's City' with its solo first verse.



And here's a slightly early Christmas gift from me to you.  A playlist of all the music I have posted this month plus a few extras that didn't make it (including one that, if bad words offend, please just skip, OK?)

Fingers crossed it works.

10 comments:

  1. Glad you and Diane are enjoying your cruise. I always take photos of the cruise food too :-) Merry Christmas Eve and had a fun day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cruise sounds wonderful so far and I love to see photos of food! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are enjoying the cruise. Wishing you and your family and friends all the very best for Christmas and the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bring on the foodie pics, it's all part of the enjoyment of a cruise x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're enjoying yourself, looks impressive but not for me, I'm dreadful on ships!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks really good. Merry Christmas to you and your family from us in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you are having a great time on board ship. Enjoy the rest of your holiday and all the trips you have planned. Have a wonderful Christmas day x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks amazing, I hope you have a lovely time 😊. It's years since my last cruise - I'm jealous! Chrissie (weirdly can't sign in to comment as myself)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Since I went on my very first cruise (back in 2011), I have always said if one is bored on a cruise ship, they are trying too hard. There is always something to see or do, or a place to sit and relax, people to chat with, and so on and so forth.
    The conservatory is lovely! With cool weather, it would be a wonderful place to watch the scenery.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you're both enjoying the cruise so far. It sounds delightfully luxurious. Xx

    ReplyDelete