Thursday 21 December 2023

Thursday, 21-12-23: Blogmas 21

Morning!  First scheduled post and I'm hoping very hard that it all works.  If not, blame Google!!
However, as I was awake ridiculously early (typical!!), I'm editing it  and, hopefully, I will be able to do the same when on board.

Everything is pretty much ready, nearly everything on the list has been crossed off, the fridge is as clear as it is going to be, the dishwasher is empty, the cases are ready to close at around ten o'clock - and I can't sleep!

I had an email from my brother, John, yesterday that gave me a bit of a jolt at first glance but, on reading properly, I realised he wasn't saying he was coming down from Scotland this Christmas, he was explaining why he wasn't coming down.  I didn't expect he would anyway.  Apart from the fact that it would have all been organised by now, I wouldn't like to make that long journey at this time of year either.

And then I got a parcel from him.  It was one of those lovely boxes of flowers.  Oh, dear - but when I explained, he was chilled and said not to worry, there were two more boxes coming around a month apart.  What a super gift from him.
I took the box over to Chris and gave them to her as a thank you as she's keeping a close eye on the house for me.  So that worked fine.  And in the New Year, I will treat myself to a nice bunch of something from Morrisons and enjoy them then.
I obviously hadn't mentioned my jolly to him, had I?  Doh!


Today's Blogmas music is three songs, all of which were in the charts at some point in my past.

The first is 'When a Child is Born', sung by Johnny Mathis.  Some of the clips I choose do show their ages, sorry!


Next up is 'Mary's Boy Child' with Boney M doing the honours.


Finally, a real blast from my past, 'Little Donkey' performed by Nina and Frederik.  The number of times I taught this one at school!!!




11 comments:

  1. Oh dear indeed about the flowers, but lovely to know that you'll be receiving more from John in the future. My mother, bless her, once sent us some anniversary flowers, forgetting that we had actually gone on holiday for our anniversary (my neighbour had them). I love that Johnny Mathis song, thank you. And once again, have a lovely time Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Johnny Mathis song- it’s one of my favourites. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joy, wishing you and your friend a wonderful holiday and a Happy Christmas, love to you, Mo (Good Easter) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a wonderful time. Merry Christmas. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you really enjoy your cruise and have a very Happy Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit that of those three my favourite is the boney M one 😄
    Have a Very Lovely Cruise x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Safe journey and have a fantastic adventure on your cruise and amazing views of the Northern Lights! A very happy Christmas! Annaeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you in giving those flowers to Chris. Love the songs you picked today.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure Chris will appreciate the flowers and you'll have some more to look forward to when you return. Xx

    ReplyDelete