Tuesday 12 December 2023

Tuesday, 12-12-23: Blogmas 12

Morning, everyone.  I'm going to try and keep this brief because I'm feeling rough after a nasty attack of D + V overnight, accompanied by shakes, shivers, sweats and calf and foot cramps.  Altogether a horrible experience and I have no idea what caused it.  Thankfully, Diane, who was here yesterday for lunch, is absolutely fine which is a huge relief.

Anyway, in contrast, yesterday was a lovely day.  Diane turned up, we went through paperwork and spotted some errors which we sorted out with One Traveller.  We talked about what we were taking, we went through the itinerary with great enjoyment, we had lunch and it was all great.
While that was going on, the brickies were finishing off the walled beds which now look great.

Today's Body Shop gift was this.  Sadly, another I won't use as my skin is on the dry side but I think Beth might be able to use them.  I will ask her.

The shea shampoo and condition is lovely though.

Today I was going into school for my Governor SEND visit but, obviously, that's been changed - there are strict rules about D + V and staying away.
Then I was getting the bus into town, meeting up with Diane for lunch at M&S and then sorting out a few thing.  Not now.  I'm off food completely and on large glasses of water (with a bit of salt and sugar) to rehydrate.

Bob the electrician turned up this morning to finish off the last little bits.  I now have a washing line and it fits fine in its new place - no need to get a smaller one.  Three cheers.  However, he hasn't put in the extra socket yet.  He's left some bits and bobs so I guess he's coming back to do that.

I'm going to chill for a bit before returning to do more social media.  Have a great day, everyone.


Today's Blogmas music is that lovely song, Mary, Did You Know, sung by One Voice Children's Choir.  I love to hear (and see) children/youngsters singing their socks off.


And, because I like a contrast, here's Pentatonix.  I love this performance too but I think I prefer the children.
What do you think?



9 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you were unwell, Joy - lots of bugs around. I hope you feel much better as the day wears on xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you're suffering. I hope you feel better very soon. x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the kids version too! Hope the D&V goes away quickly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor you. I hope you're over the worst of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the children's version best too. Hope you get over your bout of stomach flu quickly. XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear I hope you are feeling better very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Late to comment today as I had my craft class then out for lunch. Hope you are feeling better now an you were wise to stick to a light diet and water.Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear you've been unwell. Rest up and make sure you have plenty to drink. X

    ReplyDelete