Monday 18 December 2023

Monday, 18-12-23: Blogmas 18

Morning, everyone.  It's Marvellous Monday, the last before Christmas (as if you didn't already know) and I feel time is slipping away so rapidly.  It's quite scary really.

Yesterday was a busy day, one way and another.  Beth and Alex arrived at two and we had a lovely time together.  Dave is still testing positive so couldn't have come anyway so Beth and Al took their gifts and Anna's birthday pressie away with them to deliver.  We opened our gifts (just little tokens really), had a few drinks and watched some Christmas movies - Polar Express and Miracle on 34th Street - before enjoying this . . .

Now I am very back on track again for three days!

I finished my Advent puzzle.  I know it is supposed to last till Christmas but
a.  It's addictive and
b.  I won't have the time this week to do the extras.

So I finished it, admired it and have now broken it up and put it all back in twenty four little boxes ready for next year.  It was very satisfying to do.

Today's double dose of Body Shop Advent is some more hand cream (fine by me) and a bamboo hair clip thingy.  At first I thought ?????? but then realised it will be perfect for clipping my fringe when doing my skin care stuff.  So all's good!

Today, I just have a very long list of things that need working through so that is what I am doing - working through a very long list.
In the evening, I have booked an online Groove session with Lindsey and gang.  It will replace those sessions I have missed this block due to not being well one way or another.  I think it will do me the world of good!
(and I have another booked for Wednesday, same time).

Today's Blogmas music is a very enjoyable rendition of Deck The Halls from the wonderful King's Singers. 



15 comments:

  1. You are super busy and sound content and Happy - all any of us could wish for at Christmas x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment I am getting stuff into cases and my brain is exploding. lol But it will all pan out, I am sure. xx

      Delete
  2. Your finished jigsaw is lovely- mine had a piece missing this morning. You must be very excited now about your cruise so keep calm and carry on packing. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought mine had a couple of pieces missing but they were in other boxes. Maybe your piece will turn up too. I hope so.
      I'm getting there. xx

      Delete
  3. Almost counting down the hours, now - exciting! x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very. After a day's work, I really do think I am on top of it all. I've got the important things ready anyway. xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Joy. Can I pick your technical brain. Our combi microwave has just died. Should I replace it with a air fryer or buy another combi microwave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness, what a nuisance for you. Personally, If I were starting from scratch, I would go for an air fryer - there's loads so look around and think about which suits you best - Ninja do some great ones that are just like mini-ovens - and also an ordinary small microwave as well which are so cheap nowadays. I use both. xx

      Delete
  5. We're a day behind with our jigsaw we've been so busy! Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it and am definitely doing it again next year. xx

      Delete
  6. I am working my way through some rather long lists as well. Here is hoping I do as well as you in getting things crossed off.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am absolutely sure you will - and isn't it satisfying to be able to cross things off that list! xx

      Delete
  7. Yikes - can't believe it's next Monday! I had a crazy week last week, but now that I am at daughter's I'm having a lovely relaxing time - at least until the baby arrives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - it's coming closer so rapidly. Have a wonderful time. xx

      Delete