Wednesday 2 December 2020

Wednesday

Good morning.
Yesterday turned out to be a beautiful day, weather wise.  Yes, it was cold, but it was sunny and breezy and I got some washing almost dried on the line.  I know - simple things please simple minds but this made me happy.

I did washing and ironing, plenty of sorting out, especially the upright freezer, and then got on with ,my cross stitching while I caught up on recordings on the telly.

Today is two chats and a workout!

First of all, I have an online chat booked with Val.  Val is an old friend.  I originally met her at church and then, when I moved in here, she was the first to welcome me to my new home with a pot plant and some cheery chat.  It was much needed as it was just after the breakup when I had to leave the family home (for very good reasons, nothing sinister) and she has been a friend ever since.

Then it's personal training.  Now that lockdown has lifted, we are back into tier 2 around here and Lindsey has received the go ahead to start her personal training sessions again.  She gave me the choice of that or online and I did consider online.  However, she has more and better equipment in her little gym and it will be nice to go out.

Yesterday, I realised that both Dad and I had totally forgot about our Monday chat so we're having it this afternoon instead.  

Today's Christmas music; in comparison and contrast to yesterday's music, here's another version of the same carol, this time performed by Enya.  It sends shivers up and down my spine; her voice is just so beautiful.

Have a good day and still be safe.  Just because lockdown has lifted, it doesn't mean we can all go crazy!
What are your plans for today?


10 comments:

  1. That header photo is so good!

    I'm going swimming - hooray - hope they switched the pool heating on before today- don't want a layer of ice on top like everywhere here this chilly morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - you never can tell with photos with flashing lights. I think I just got lucky really.
      It really is pretty chilly right now - when I went back after the first lockdown, the pool was lovely and harm so I'm hoping for you.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Incredible music and voice....just right for this morning!! Chilly chilly here...nasty cold wind!! The night curfew will be up soon and the gov will give us the report and what they are going to allow over Christmas....sigh!! keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope the decision they make will meet people's needs. It's a very fine line we are walking between emotional health and physical health at the moment.
      xx

      Delete
  3. I love Enya. Her voice is amazing.

    The online news reports of crowds of people rushing back to Primark and other big stores are worrying and may undo some of the progress of the lockdown

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really does have an amazing voice, doesn't she. Pure and clear and with such a depth to it.
      I agree that the Christmas rush is extremely worrying. Do people actually think?
      xx

      Delete
  4. I have always loved Enya's vocals. Great choice.

    I also love your new header.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will be good to get back to your personal training. It's great that you can do it online if needs be but it's never quite the same as having that face to face interaction. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it really was much better. I enjoyed it very much.
      xx

      Delete