Tuesday 15 December 2020

Tuesday

 Good morning, everyone.  After quite a lot of rain yesterday and overnight, today looks like being much more pleasant, thank goodness.  It's not that cold either, which makes things more comfortable.

Yesterday's dental appointment was a long one, around forty five minutes but it was OK.  The whole process is still not finished though.  Yesterday he prepared a tooth for the bridge part of the whole thing, took loads of scans of my teeth (no idea why - not a pretty sight either), put something else into the base of the implant and generally took measurements and impressions.  I think he also took the opportunity to have a good look at the tooth that will be replaced by another implant early next year (covid willing).
So I have another appointment next Wednesday morning, nice and early, after which I will be able to show off my new smile - definitely; I asked him!
Sooze, thank you for reminding me of the paracetamol tip - it really helped.

I know it looks as if I do nothing but go to the dentist at the moment but it's because there are two separate things going on.  One is the usual fillings, etc, that would happen anyway and t'other is the implant stuff which should have been well over by June/July, were it not for lockdown.

Once that was over, I came home to find that Alex was awake and up so we had a chat before he disappeared upstairs to study and I baked some more shortbread as the first lot had gone down a treat.  This time I added cinnamon, mixed spice and cloves and added the zest of an orange and some orange essence and they are lovely.

The big news of the day was that, here being mid-Essex, we are going up to tier three from midnight tonight.  To be honest, it won't make much difference.  Lindsey can still keep her personal training going and Sharon can still do hair (I checked with her).  I'm just very glad that Dad and I arranged for me to go over to deliver Christmas goodies today and not later.  Just in time.

Slimming World will be going back to Zoom again an d I suggested that to brighten things up, we dug oput Christmas bling of whatever kind and gave the meeting some sparkly, an idea that went down pretty well.  I've found my clip on earring 'mounts' and will attach a couple of tree baubles to them and I have a bag of tinsel somewhere too.

Today's Advent calendar music is a jolly, sing along carol from John Rutter, Star Carol.  It sets the feet a-tapping and would make good music for a Strictly dance.


In my young mum days, I belonged to a ladies choir, the Sydenham Singers, and this was one of many pieces of Christmas music that we sang, set for female voices.  It was great fun to sing.


14 comments:

  1. What a happy carol - don't think I've heard it before. The chapel I used to go to for Christmas Carols didn't do new!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely, isn't it? Cheers me up every time I hear it. There's some lovely new(er) stuff around.
      xx

      Delete
  2. That's good, you'll have a lovely smile in time for Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I do hope so. It's been a long time. xx

      Delete
  3. We are already in tier three not much fun but I have discovered that Aldi have a click and collect no minimum charge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this area (Wiltshire) remains in tier 2 but I'm not that sure. The government website is confusing! Anyway, I'm glad you can get to see your Dad today and hope you have a lovely time.

    The Star Carol is one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are too.
      It's a good old sing, isn't it?
      xx

      Delete
  5. Singing is so healing. It sounds like you are moving forward with the dental work. We are on full lockdown here in California. The situation is very extreme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love singing - still do but only when I'm on my own now. I had a great sing song in the car earlier today. :-)

      Delete
  6. I'd love to try the shortbread with some orange zest, but I think it might be a step too far for Lily. I've moved on to gingerbread cookies now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's absolutely lovely with the orange zest, believe me. Delicious!
      xx

      Delete
  7. What a lovely song.

    I canceled my cleaning this month I will go next month. Hopefully our numbers have dropped a bit by then.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too - very jolly. Rutter has composed to gorgeous Christmas music.
      xx

      Delete