Thursday 3 September 2020

Thursday

A very good morning to you!  I have no idea of the weather, it's still pretty dark, but yesterday was very pleasant for most of the day until late afternoon when it started raining, just in time for my newly washed car to be brought home.  Oh well . . .

No swim yesterday morning because I had personal training midday.  Since my shoulder 'went', I've been having half hour sessions which we recently extended to three quarters of an hour.  Yesterday we were back to the full hour and it did feel good to be back to full time again.  I think the return to swimming and aqua-exercise has really helped the shoulder and there are no repercussions this morning, which is good.

Before then, I had my 'meeting' - just a chat really - with my new student and parent and that was a pleasant time.  The student seems keen to get started and happy to work with their friend so I think it will all go very nicely.  Being year 6, they can walk to mine from school without an adult and will be picked up afterwards.  I'm looking forward to working with them.

In the afternoon, Jeff turned up and sorted the outside space out good and proper.  It now looks a lot neater, thankfully.

The rest of the day was spent in washing, drying, ironing and general pottering about.  The MOT/service created no problems, although they always do a 'health check' and have found that the tyres will need some attention in around 4000 miles, as will the front brakes.  They're OK now and, as my average mileage tends to be around 4000 miles, we're talking about next year's service/MOT.  It always feels great when that's over and done for the year - hopefully the only big expenditure.

I have to say, I always get good service from the Peugeot garage but this year the service has been outstanding and when I get the satisfaction questionnaire through, I will have some very nice things to say.  It makes such a big difference to the overall experience.

On to today and, really, it's another really pleasant day.  I have a swim booked for seven after which it will be home for a shower and hair wash before setting back out into town to pick up my prescription and have a bit of a shop trawl.  I never thought I was much of a window shopper but I have discovered that I am.  Now I'm slim, I can envisage wearing (or not) clothes I see and the back, knees and ankles don't hurt as I walk around so now and again it's all good fun.

Also, it's time to start looking for little gifts for people.  Four months until Chr*stm*s is about the right time and, while we don't buy big gifts within the family now, nice little food or smelly gifts are always appreciated.  Indeed, last winter I gave Dad a jar of some 'posh' pickled onions (if that's not an oxymoron) and he liked them so much he tracked down the company and now has several jars tucked away in the pantry!
I will also make gifts - fudge, fruit liqueur, etc, - so by the time December rolls around, I will be all set.

Anyway, enough of that.
In the afternoon, I am going to continue sorting things out in the garage.  Last week, an advert came through the door from an enterprising local company, focusing on small skips for households (or communities) to hire seeing as it's not so easy to get to the local 'dump' at the moment.  Great idea, thought I, an was about to follow it up when I saw, on Facebook, an ad from an acquaintance, Kevin, who basically has a white van and clears messes up for people.  He's done my garage before!  So I got in touch and he's coming round next Thursday to take a look and give me a quote.

What I want to do is get rid of all the clutter and then I have my eye on some storage shelves so that the rest of the stuff that I want to keep can be organised on shelves instead of an untidy mess on the floor.  It will all be so much better once that is all done and I will be able to find everything much more easily.
So, before Kevin comes, I want to get all the keeping stuff moved to the back and all the going stuff at the front so he can see exactly what needs taking.  That is what I will be starting this afternoon.

Then I will need to clean and tidy myself up and get off to Slimming World.  I'm looking forward to that! 

So it's quite a full day but enjoyable as well.  I seem to have rambled on for ever so well done if you've got to the end.
Stay safe, well and happy!  xx


12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I think we both like to have a day with things planned out and spaces in between. I find days like that very satisfying.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Clearing out the garage will be such a satisfying job. I hope it all goes well. Fingers crossed for a good result at SW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eileen. Mine are crossed too.
      xx

      Delete
  3. What a very positive post. Your daily life always sounds busy and fulfilling.
    I am going to need to start thinking about 'that event at the end of the year' very soon. I don't like to leave things until the last minute. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's surprising how quickly the time passes, isn't it, especial;ly when one is busy.
      And thank you - what a lovely thing to say. xx

      Delete
  4. Great storage for garages are the Hilda units from Wilko. Online buy only, they are quite easy to put together. Made from metal with wood shelves they hold a lot. 5 shelf unit is £30. We now have 3 in our garage and it looks so much more organised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's well worth knowing, thanks very much indeed.
      xx

      Delete
  5. That should say HILKA units, sorry predictive text .

    ReplyDelete
  6. How great! It always feels good to tidy up spaces that feel messy. I went shopping at the Tractor Supply today and bought some snacks, a cage for Snow White, gardening clogs, Australian licorice, and a couple of bones for Lula. It's been so long since I've shopped!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it does!
      Did you enjoy your shopping?
      xx

      Delete