Saturday 5 September 2020

Saturday

Good morning, everyone.  It's a lovely, sunny start to the day although Dad's heating clicked in so it must be a bit chilly outside.

It was another pleasant day yesterday.
Chris came round for a chat and it was sunny and warm enough to sit out in the garden, a first for this week.

The Hare got back to me via a message I left with them and now Beth, Al and I have a table booked for Monday evening.  It's the first time any of us have eaten out since February so we are, understandable, a bit nervous, but I've heard from others that the staff are doing the whole distancing thing very well indeed so fingers crossed.

On the way over to Dad's, I stopped off at the allotment (which looked a lot better in the sunshine) and found tomatoes, courgettes, apples and pears to take to Dad.
The pears are now wrapped in kitchen towel and sitting in the pantry to ripen, the tomatoes will go into a sauce I am making with meatballs for dinner tonight, the courgettes will also be eaten this weekend and the apples are in a bowl to be used as and when.

Rather excitingly, there are mini French beans on the plants now.  Maybe, next weekend . . . they seem to be quite fast growing so you never know!

As planned, I'm going to spend some time there as much as I possibly can next week and Beth plans to join me when she can.  It will make for a full week but not a 'busy' one, if you know what I mean, with loads of calories burnt which has to be a good thing, doesn't it?

Today will be an easy day with not a lot happening apart from some cooking, reading the paper, maybe a walk to the local mini Tesco, if necessary and the like.  No complaints here.
I hope your day is good too.  xx

11 comments:

  1. Have a lovely week end but I think you might need a jacket it chilly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. Lovely and warm this side of the glass but outside it's much cooler.
      xx

      Delete
  2. The Look East weather forecast said a mostly fine week so you should be OK for the allotment.
    Have a good weekend with your Dad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to read. It would be lovely to have it all tidied up by the end of next week.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Sunny but chilly here too. Have a great time with your Dad ... and enjoy that crumble! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all made and waiting to be popped in the oven. One of those recipes I don't need a recipe for and the results are so tasty!
      xx

      Delete
  4. We have returned to our favourite restaurant for a meal too!! I think it is the strangeness and uncertainty of it all that makes us nervous. In my case I have to say the staff went out of their way to make us feel at ease. Nevertheless, we continue to feel reluctant to go anywhere!! Have an enjoyable weekend with your Dad. keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the general sense of uncertainty is one of the most difficult aspects of life at the moment. Just not knowing...
      xx

      Delete
  5. I'm really looking forward to it😊
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope people there are still masking and distancing. Numbers rising here since school and universities opened. I have five grands in all stages and worry...love your blog. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't eaten out yet but we had take-away sushi last night which is a rare treat here!

    ReplyDelete