Thursday 24 September 2020

Thursday

 Morning!  Today's font is called 'oxygen' and it looks good and clear - if it were not for the 'a' formation, it would have made nice display cards at school.

The weather broke, didn't it?  After some early rain yesterday, it cheered up and we even had some sunshine but there was more rain in the afternoon, evening and overnight.  I can't sleep so I'm getting this written now (and it's still raining!) so that when I do get back to sleep and when I sleep longer in the morning (I can hope!), this will be all done and dusted.

The sleep patterns aren't great again but this is the first sleepless spell in the night I have had for a while.  I've been waking stupidly early but that's OK.  Middle of the night is not!  Oh, well, I'll feel tired shortly, go back to bed, turn on the electric blanket for an hour and I should be out like a light!

Yesterday all went according to plan.  Personal training was fun and so was tuition.  I got bits and bobs done, including the ironing, dug a few things out of the chest freezer and have put them into the next several days of menu planning.

Today there's three things:
Jackie is coming round for lunch and a good chat.  I am so glad friends can still visit under certain guidelines.
Then I have the last tuition session of the week.
Finally, it is Slimming World group.
I need to do a bit of tidying up before Jackie arrives but that won't take long, and I must just read over the planning and make sure everything is in place.

OK, I'm starting to feel sleepy so I shall finish this and go back up again.  Have a good day (when you wake), enjoy what you're doing and, as always, be safe.  xx

(Later edit - I slept like a log until 6:30ish.  Lovely!)



16 comments:

  1. Morning Joy, glad you got some more sleep in. I've learnt to go with the flow and not stress about it when I have a run of bad nights...it eventually sorts itself out. I quite like a couple of hours downstairs on my own during the early hours, with no tv on and just the dog curled up beside me, reading or doing meal plans or lists of things that need doing (I do love a list!). Enjoy your lunch. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, that's the only way to handle it. Stressing certainly isn't going to help. I can feel when the sleep returns and almost always drop straight off again.
      As you say, the middle of the night can be a peaceful and friendly place, a chance to enjoy your own space and do homey things.
      I love a list (or a planning sheet) too. Just as well as teaching is packed with them!
      xx

      Delete
  2. You have my sympathy and understanding. My sleep pattern is improving thankfully, but I still get the odd night when I can't sleep at all. I do the same as you and just go with the flow, usually reading or listening to music until I start to feel that sleep is a possibility again. As you say, there's no point in stressing as that makes sleep even more elusive, and it's not really a problem now I'm retired. Retirement had lots of plusses, doesn't it 🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. When I was working, I use to worry quite a lot at times about not getting enough sleep - singularly unhelpful when observations/OFSTED was the cause of the wakefulness anyway. But now - well, there's very little (if anything) that can't be cancelled at a pinch and dropping off during the day is always an option. Yes, retirement is definitely a Good Thing in many, many ways.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Hello Joy. When I was office manager at a big London secondary school I often woke in the middle of the night stressing and also found getting up the best thing, then work worries would be on my mind and I would have to write endless lists and bullet pointed to do's. Now I think I just wake because it's an age thing but not too often thank goodness. One night recently about 2 a.m. I think I was looking at Facebook and posted is there anybody else there? I got about three lovely replies from old colleagues at the school who were all stupid o'clocking too. It's been nine years since I worked there so nice to connect with them. Now I'm retired and most of the social activities I was doing have stopped my little notebook of lists has been a bit neglected. My lists now are Wednesday morning after Slimming World menu plan and shopping list. Every so often re-write the freezer lists that live on the utility fridge door, I like them to look nice rather than full of crossings out and scribbled additions. My life is far from boring but you wouldn't think it reading this post. Good luck today. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, goodness, what a huge responsibility for you! I never thought of seeking company on Facebook - what a good idea. Maybe I'll see you there some night.
      Retired life certainly isn't boring and, in many ways, more enjoyable. We can do what we fancy doing and don't have to dance to anyone else's song unless we want to. Lots more choice in some ways. Lists help, not nag.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Completely different weather today - rain right from the start - so no working outside.
    Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough, the sun is out now. How things can change so quickly!! I'm sure there's more rain on the the way but, right now, it is lovely!
      xx

      Delete
  5. Nice easy text to read glad you got to sleep well in the end

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - I don't do 'not enough sleep' all that well really. I'm feeling great now, thanks. xx

      Delete
  6. Best text yet, nice and clear :-)

    Sleep problems are so debilitating aren't they, my mum and brother have suffered for years, caused mostly by worry or stress from work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be awful, yes. I'm sorry your family has had such problems.
      Glad you like the font. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  7. That is a good clear text. Lack of sleep is a killer isn't it. I'm not too bad these days. I tend to wake a few times but quickly go back to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can usually, thank goodness. Just not Wednesday night! Never mind, it happens from time to time, doesn't it?
      xx

      Delete
  8. The text is nice and clear...even the a's. Hubby still does his this way from his drafting course years ago.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Not really suitable for littlies though.
      xx

      Delete