Friday 13 September 2019

Friday

Good morning all.  Friday the 13th and, I gather, a full moon too, a micro moon no less.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/friday-13-moon-tonight-micro-super-bright-small-how-to-see-a9103081.html
So now we know!

Yesterday was a lovely day.

The PT session was great (never thought I would say that) and, while I know I've worked out, I have no painful muscles this morning.  Lindsey is very careful and keeps checking that there's no actual pain during the exercises.  The format is ten minutes of warm up on the exercise bike (phew), then various stretching and pulling things using a resistance contraption that fits over the door like a baby bouncer.  Then some more cycling to keep the muscles warm and the heart rate up, then some floor work to develop core strength.  Then cool down stretches.
The hour really did go quickly!

I'm starting to ponder on ways and means of continuing with this.  Every week would be rather expensive but maybe once a fortnight would be workable.  I'm pretty sure Lindsey would be OK with that.  I must give it some thought.

Tuition was also good in its own way.  I'm getting to know my new student and it was the penultimate session for my eleven plusser.  Next week I will go through things that they've asked me to review, algebra being at the top of the list.

At Slimming World it was half a pound off.  Better off than on, I suppose.  These last ten pounds or so are being extremely obstinate!  All the work I have done this week should have resulted in a bigger loss than that although maybe the muscle development has sort of balanced the fat loss.  Well, onward and downward.  I refuse to give in at this point because I would always know that I didn't quite get there.  I do feel very strongly about this.  Most of my life I've been overweight or obese and never again!  I really NEED to hit that target - but not in a silly way, in a sensible and healthy way.  No starvation tactics for me!

On to today!  It was light when I woke up, which was nice.  I have the cleaners in later so the first task is to get tidied up so they can do their job properly.  Beth comes round for a sort of planning session over lunch and then I am off to Dad's. 
Plenty to do but no stress - nice.

Have a great day, everyone.  xx

8 comments:

  1. Have a lovely morning, Joy, and a nice meal out with your Dad tonight. Half a pound off must be very frustrating, but it's still a loss. And by this stage, after having lost so much weight already and being near your target, I should think it's unrealistic to expect several pounds off. You've done SO well, you deserve to be really proud of yourself. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how encouraging you always are, Sooze, thank you very much! I agree, expecting big losses just isn't realistic and isn't going to happen but bit by bit . . .
      xx

      Delete
  2. Just a thought, but is it possible you've already reached the correct weight for your body even if you haven't reached the target you set for yourself? I only mention this because over the years various medical people have commented on the fact that when trying to lose weight people often fail and give up because they don't take account of their 'family' shape and size so usually aim too low in terms of weight.

    Congratulations on the loss anyway and well done with the exercise so far. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a very valid point and one I do consider. Honestly, I don't think I have. My target isn't unrealistically low and I do think it is achievable. Tilting at scarecrows is an awful waste of time and energy but I'm sure I'm not doing that.
      However - it's always something to bear in mind, isn't it? Thank you for your wise words.
      If I didn't, I wouldn't think of it as failure. I've already succeeded. About two years ago I had given up trying to lose weight and look at me now! So no - it won't be a failure, whatever happens. I like win-win scenarios! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  3. It sounds like the personal training is working out well for you. Try not to get too hung up on that number on the scales. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right - it's only one measure. Yes, I'm really quite enjoying the PT although I think maybe the novelty will wear off after a while. That's why I think it needs to continue in some shape or form for a while.
      xx

      Delete
  4. I admire you so much for your proactive outlook on your health and the wise ways you are going about achieving your goals! That's awesome that you are working with a personal trainer and even if you don't continue with her, or go periodically, you are learning so much from her about how to exercise safely! Enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie. That's a lovely thing to say.
      xx

      Delete