Saturday 25 November 2017

Saturday

Good morning, everyone.  Brrr, it ain't 'alf cold round here but, being south of the country, no chance of snow which, I gather, is restricted to Scotland.

Yesterday I wasn't feeling great (gall bladder, of course) so was quite low but it's better this morning.  The thing is, I now worry about knowing whether I need to get help (medical help, I mean) and when it's going to pass on by after a while.  If it's just 'playing up a bit', uncomfortable/painful but will go after a while, than that's OK but if there's another inflammation, that's not going to go without intervention.  So, being a natural born worrier, I worry!
I've decided, rightly or wrongly, that if the discomfort doesn't fade after taking pain-killers, that's the time to consider 111 (or whatever) but really, how do you know?

Anyway - earlier in the week I got my referral letter through and I've never done it this way before.  Admittedly, I haven't troubled my local hospital all that much: the last time was that lump I had removed and then the essence was speed.  Before then it was childbirth!
In the letter, it didn't give me a time or date, it told me I could go online and select the venue from a choice of three, one being our local private hospital (which happens to be the nearest anyway).  Once I had done that, up came a list of available dates and times for me to choose from!  I couldn't believe it.

I could have chosen a date next week but on the discharge letter it said they would see me in three months (I presume that's what 3/12 means) so next week sounded a bit soon.  So I compromised with the middle of  December, which is about a month and a half.   By then I will know how well diet is controlling things and I'm keeping notes of pain, etc.  Right now, if surgery is an option, I think I will go for it, but we will see.
And, yes, I chose the private hospital (it is an NHS appointment) for two reasons - it's by far the nearest and parking is not only free, there's plenty of it, both in the grounds and around them too.

Today I have woken very early after a great night's sleep so I'll have plenty of chill out time.  The house is clean and reasonably tidy and the ironing basket is empty (cheers).  I have knitting and I have books.  What an idle life, eh?  Here's to it!


6 comments:

  1. It must be a worry knowing when you need to act on any symptoms you are experiencing, although it's good that you haven't needed to wait long for an appointment.
    Try and relax today and enjoy your books and your knitting. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is something you could well do without but let's hope it is gets sorted to your satisfaction

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jules. I went back to sleep after posting the above so that was a great start! :-)
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are there any support groups that could help or share their experiences? Sometimes it is very useful to talk to others who know what it's like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Diane, I hope so too.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't think of that, Annabeth, but my next door neighbour had very similar problems and we're going to chat about it over coffee. I had no idea until recently.
    J x

    ReplyDelete