Wednesday 25 May 2016

Wednesday

Good morning!  Welcome to a somewhat dull day here in Mid-Essex.  It's not only dull, it's also chilly as I found when I opened the landing window as I walked down stairs, something I usually do unless it is really cold, lashing with rain, etc.  Fifteen minutes later I found myself closing it again.

It was chilly last night too - I sat in my comfy chair and decided to use my owly fleece rather than go upstairs to get something warmer to wear.  It worked: within fifteen minutes I was cosy warm and fast asleep!  I love how relaxed that fleece makes me feel!

Yesterday morning was hearing readers in school time.  I have solved the problem of those little chairs doing my back in by using the TA's table and a proper sized chair.  So much better!  The children now know the reading order and when I missed a couple out by mistake they were most indignant!  Made me laugh, they did.  It was quiet in school as all the juniors were off to Melbourne Stadium for their sports day.  They couldn't have picked a better day for it either.

I missed my fortnightly house clean last Friday (not feeling well) and Jarmila rescheduled it for today which was jolly nice of her as she didn't have to.  I was not long home from school yesterday when there was a knock at the door and there she was, asking if it was OK for her 'girls' to come yesterday afternoon instead of today.  Well, I wasn't going to say no, was I, so I did a quick tidy round before starting my sewing and now I have a nice, clean home.

Today is a day in so I want to make the most of it.  I think bedroom is top of the list and then I shall sew and, if any rain holds off, garden a bit..  It all feels very nice and relaxed.

Today's food:
B:  Egg with a bit of smoked salmon, natural yogurt
L:  Tuna dip, salad, oatcakes
D:  Cottage pie with a sweet potato topping, broccoli, fruit

Have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment