Wednesday 12 July 2023

Wednesday, 12-07-23

 

It's looking so pretty underneath the kitchen window at the moment.

Good morning, everyone.  The rain really didn't last very long yesterday, sadly, and it was pretty humid at times.  This morning, it is looking more promising than this time yesterday.

First of all, thank you so much to those who have donated to the work of Cancer Research UK by sponsoring me for Sunday's event.  I'm very grateful to you.  

Groove was really good (again) yesterday.  I found it hard going as I haven't been for three weeks (Lindsey was away one week and last week I didn't go because of the numb bum thing) but pushed on through until the feel-good thing clicked into place as it always does eventually.

Once home, Mel came round at eleven and we had a good old chat over some coffee.  She's doing really well with her Avon business as she puts in a lot of time.  I try to support her by buying a little something each time and I particularly like their hair products.

When she had gone, I decided to drive over to the Riverside precinct, partly to take a look inside the new, much bigger Home Bargains and partly because I had a few things to get.
Home Bargains was just that.  Bigger, a winder range, but just Home Bargains.  I got some cleaning products and toiletries as the prices there are very competitive, but most of the food they have is highly processed and I'm trying to avoid that.

Then I went to HomeSense and managed to find a nice birthday present for a lovely friend.

Finally, I popped into Matalan as there was something specific I wanted.  I got that and then came home.

And that was about it for the day apart from all the usual stuff.

Today, there's nothing in the diary until Personal Training and then the Governors' meeting but I have one load of washing to get done, the usual housework, and a shedload of papers to go through before the meeting.  I did some yesterday but there's more to do.

I still haven't got my sewing machine out and I'm not sure when I will be able to.  Maybe tomorrow?  We will see.
Enjoy today, everyone.  xx

11 comments:

  1. It's looking very pretty under your kitchen window at the moment. The bees must love that display.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they do but I can't see it from inside the house. It adds to the kerb appeal though and is nice for the neighbours, I hope. xx

      Delete
  2. That is such a pretty display - it must make you smile each time you see it. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really does. I'm very pleased with how it looks at the moment. xx

      Delete
    2. And thank you very much. Much appreciated. xx

      Delete
  3. The garden underneath the kitchen window is stunning as is your new header photo. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The header is a close up of the coleus in the planter at the front and it's grown so well. It was tiny when I bought it. xx

      Delete
  4. Your garden all looks lovely, you do such a good job of making it both pretty and functional. XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maureen. I think I've pretty much got it as I like it now - for this year anyway! xx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Nature is absolutely wonderful, isn't she? xx

      Delete