Monday 10 July 2023

Monday, 10-07-23

Good morning, one and all.  Welcome to Monday and the start of a new week.  It's taken me ages to get this started as my internet connection has been extremely flaky all weekend.  It's up at the the moment so fingers crossed.





I got round the yarn problem by using the other colours top and bottom.  I'd have preferred it to be all green but needs must and I think it looks fine.  There's the tiniest bit of the green left so it was very close to the bone.
Now I have to line it, which will not be a problem.  I think I've also worked out a doable way to line the other one too to include the top bits.







Yesterday wasn't quite as lazy  me-time as I thought it might be.
I decided to use freezer stuff to make savoury crumbles, a family favourite, for me, Beth and Alex for lunch, the bottoms being a beany mix for Beth and some turkey and veg for me and Alex, both left overs from last Christmas so ready to be used up.  I made a lot of topping so some went into the freezer - I just eyeball the amounts rather than using a recipe.  That took quite a while but was all done and ready for the oven by breakfast time.

I got the washing finished and all the ironing done which was a relief - I dislike having it hanging on nowadays.

It was lovely to catch up with Beth and Alex.  It's been a while since they came over which is my fault not asking them for lunch so must do better.  :-)

I was going over to Pick My Own this morning but decided not to as I still have both strawberries and raspberries left from last Thursday and the few things I want to get from the farm shop can quite easily wait.  I'll probably go on Thursday; the strawberries are easing off but all the raspberries, yellow raspberries and associated types such as loganberries, boysenberries, etc, are flourishing.  It won't be long before the plums start and the sweet corn looks very promising too.

Today is also circuits day, of course.  Chris is coming along again this week so that will be very nice.  I always end up feeling tired gut, at the same time, energised - if that makes sense.
Then I have to rush home because the lovely Sharon will be arriving to sort out my hair which seems to have grown very fast since the last time.  I'll be glad to get it done.

In between, it will be the usual houseworky stuff, as ever, and I might just possibly get the sewing machine out, you never know!!  😊
Today's supposed to be pleasant (it's good and sunny right now) so fingers crossed it lasts because rain is forecast for tomorrow.
Hoping you had a lovely weekend - take care and be happy.  xx


17 comments:

  1. The bag looks really good! Enjoy your hopefully pleasant day, we're forecast still more heavy rain here... A few weeks ago I was longing for rain but now I'd be happy to send it wherever it's more needed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's such a thing as too much, isn't there? Do send some over here. xx

      Delete
  2. The finished bag looks very smart and useful.
    The forecast here has changed from some rain each day to just Wednesday morning - not enough to do much good by the look of it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not really. At the moment it shows as Tuesday and Wednesday here but that will likely change before long. xx

      Delete
  3. The bag looks lovely. You can never have too many useful bags!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very true, although this one might be a give away! :-) xx

      Delete
  4. Your finished bag looks fabulous Joy. It looks a very useful size too! I always keep a bag inside whatever hand bag type bag I am using when I am out - you just never know! Very useful.
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That can be very handy - I have one too, of the kind that folds up into a small square bag. It's been so very useful. xx

      Delete
  5. Love the bag :-)
    We have had heavy rain here this morning, it's topping up the pond nicely and everything looks greener again but the dogs are sulking because I'm waiting until it eases a bit before walking them
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too right - they're lucky that you are taking them out when the weather is so bad. lol
      No rain here yet but it is clouding over and it has cooled down a bit after a hot morning. xx

      Delete
  6. That bag looks lovely, I love the colour scheme you ended up with too. :-)

    We had a very good if slightly expensive weekend, it was time for us to order some basics for the flat ... bed, fridge/freezer and washing machine ... and then a ride out to Dunelm for bedding, curtains and lightshades etc. GULP!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch - but I bet it was great fun choosing everything. xx

      Delete
  7. What a lovely bag you created, Joy! Really pretty and so very useful. Hope the rest of your day is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That bag looks beautiful Joy. You made a lovely job of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bag is lovely, Joy. I like how you've edged it. X

    ReplyDelete