Tuesday 11 July 2023

Tuesday, 11-07-23

  Starting off with a bit of a plug.

This coming Sunday, I'm doing the 5K Race for Life in aid of Cancer Research UK - although, in my case, it is Walk for Life - with others from the local Slimming World groups.
If you feel you could and want to, you can support this by sponsoring me and here's a link to my giving page.
Please don't feel in any way obliged but it would be great if you could and thank you very much.

End of plug.

Morning, everyone.  The promised rain has indeed landed and it's pretty wet outside at the moment.  No complaints from me - the ground really needs a jolly good soaking so I'm hoping it will continue for several hours.

They must have heard me the other day - they're definitely ripening and once some get the idea, it spreads.
Unfortunately, it is also the tomato with blossom end rot so which will win, the ripening or the rot?  You can just cut off the affected part and eat the rest but, obviously, I would rather it wasn't affected at all.

Yesterday was good.  I pottered, did houseworky stuff, sorted out the kitchen which is always the room that takes the most battering so I like to keep on top of it and set off for Circuits with Chris.

It was really good.  As well as us four regulars, there were three 'one-offs', lovely ladies who came along either to see what it was like or because they had some unexpected free time.  Lots of laughs and I managed a minute of plank - woo hoo!!

I was only home a short while before Sharon arrived and now I feel civilised again.  Her cuts always hold their shape well but some annoying sticking out bits develop when it gets to a certain length so they're all tamed again now.

All in all, a really nice day.

Today starts with Groove and, a little while after that, Mel is round delivering Avon orders and she's going to pop in for a coffee and chat.  

The rest of the day is clear but the documentation has landed for the Governors' meeting tomorrow and I need to go through it all and note any queries, challenges, etc.  Brain aching stuff.

Take care, everyone, and have a great day.  cc

12 comments:

  1. Best wishes on your 5K, Joy. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Belinda. I am really looking forward to it. xx

      Delete
  2. Sponsored you with pleasure Joy. I hope it goes well. A minute of plank sounds good to me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Sue, it is much appreciated. xx

      Delete
  3. Your tomatoes look great, I'm impressed by the fact you're growing them outside - I've only ever grown them in the greenhouse. Very best wishes for your 5k x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only ever grown them outside except for one year when I had one of those mini plastic greenhouses - and most were still outside anyway! :-) ss

      Delete
  4. Very impressed you held the plank position for a minute. I can only do 20 seconds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could only do it once. We did three rotations and the second and third were not nearly so good. I was well pleased though.
      Twenty seconds is loads better than me when I started - five was doing extremely well!! xx

      Delete
  5. I had to look up 'plank' - well done! x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janice. It's a killer, it truly is. xx

      Delete
  6. Good Luck with the race. Such a good cause. Know that Mum got a lot of help when she was battling cancer

    ReplyDelete