Monday 17 July 2023

Monday, 17-07-23

 Morning, everyone.

Well, I did it.


My first Race for Life medal!  Maybe not my last though?

I had a great time.  The weather was perfect, not too hot, not too cold, not to windy.  Organisation was absolutely brilliant .  There were thousands of people milling round, a number of events taking place and goodness knows how many cars to park but there seemed to be no confusion, no muddle and everyone seemed to know what they were doing, when and where.  Pretty impressive.

It was quite emotional really, especially reading all the 'I'm racing for . . . ' messages on people's backs.

And I gather we all raised quite a lot of money which is what it was about - raising money to enable more research into cures and better treatments.
So many, many thanks to all my sponsors who have so generously supported the work of Cancer Research UK.  



Lindsey was leading the warm up from the platform - that's her on the left.

And here's Benny, Jen's lovely cocker poodle, who did the walk with us.



It was a very attractive walk through pleasant countryside.  I really ought to make much more use of Hylands Park.  I hardly ever go there.


Oh, my, I was tired by the time I got home and my stupid ankle was twinging somewhat.  This morning I'm a bit stiff and a bit sore but nothing a few Shimmy Shippets won't sort out and all the Snippets Lindsey has posted there are available at any time, all year, so I have plenty of choice and no excuses.  😊


Today there's absolutely nothing in the diary but I have a few things on a list - a real list today, not just a mental one, so I don't forget anything.

1.  do another load of washing and finish that ironing
2.  Phone the National Trust to get my 25% discount - I haven't done this in previous years but I think the time has come.  They're had a decade of extra money from me and I was glad to support the work but . . .
3.  Audit the chest freezer.  It's in good order so really won't take long but I'm starting to forget what's there so it's about time to get it sorted.
4.  (should be number 1 really and will be done first)  change the sheets on my bed

But first - another coffee.  :-)
Have a super day, everyone, and be safe.  xx






16 comments:

  1. Well done, Joy! It must be a great sense of satisfaction :-) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well done to you and everyone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, Joy. I did it once with a friend and really enjoyed it. I must have my medal somewhere too! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a great vibe there. Good for you. xx

      Delete
  4. Well done Joy, glad you had decent weather too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were very fortunate. It was just right - warm but not hot and a lovely breeze. xx

      Delete
  5. Well done, I'm glad the weather was kind to you. xx

    Yes, we have our discounts from the National Trust now, I thought it was worth going for it last year as we really haven't been using our cards enough. We were just about covering the cost each year for the past three years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my thinking really. We all have to watch the pennies nowadays. xx

      Delete
  6. Good for you Joy!! Sounds like the event was well attended and that everyone had fun. Love the warm up girls.😉

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie. I'm so glad I took part. xx

      Delete
  7. Congrats for finishing! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Sharon. It was very satisfying. xx

      Delete
  8. Well done, Joy! That's a great achievement. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jules. I was so glad to have done it. I'd never have considered it for a moment five or six years ago. xx

      Delete