Thursday 13 July 2023

Thursday, 13-07-23

 

Two photos today because I'll be picking just a tiny bit on Sunday, probably - a nice way of celebrating doing the Race for Life.

Morning, everyone!  It's mild and sunny and I'm full of the joys of summer.  A bit different from yesterday when I started the day fighting a migraine.  What I get is visual disturbances and if I can take some pain killers, sit down and close my eyes (and, maybe doze off), that seems to knock it on the head although it leaves a muggy feeling for a while.  I'm lucky - Mum used to be sick, not able to stand and they knocked her out for days.

Anyway, it's good that I didn't have much to do yesterday morning, isn't it?  Later on, when I could see them properly, I managed to go through the paperwork and get it all onto a memory stick for the evening meeting.  I dithered about going to personal training but decided it might help wake me up a bit and I was right.  I felt loads and loads better by the end of the hour and a good natter with Lindsey.

Governors' meeting was excellent and there was a full house.  Loads to get through but we managed to only go a few minutes over time.  Afterwards, we cracked open a bottle as it's the last time Natalie, the head, will be with us; she's moving on at the end of the term.  She will still be around as she is not working for our academy trust, but there's a new head of school so it will be nice to get to know her.  We will so miss Natalie though - she has been a superb head.

Yesterday, today was virtually empty.  How things change!

I'm off fruit picking first thing and then, this afternoon, I'm back in school for a meeting followed by a whizz to Julia's house for a cuppa and a chat and to hand over her birthday gift and card.
The evening is free so that will be nice too - I need to catch up on last night's Sewing Bee.

Well - I have social media responsibilities to fulfil before my bath and drive over to Lathcoats so I will love you and leave you with hopes that you have a lovely day, whatever you have planned.  xx


14 comments:

  1. It’s always interesting hearing you speak about the school as the Scottish system is very different. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be so much more involved, of course, but I still enjoy going in and doing my little bit. I was really glad to take on the role of SEND link governor. I used to be the SENDCo before I retired so it is an interest of mine. This afternoon is to get the results of a big survey on stall (all staff) wellbeing that the trust took on recently. xx

      Delete
  2. Are you making jam or fruit pies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither. Pies are naughty and I have plenty of jam as I rarely use much. I will eat the strawberries over the next week and some of the raspberries are now in the freezer - they so freeze extremely well, unlike strawberries. xx

      Delete
    2. Pies are very naughty... but I make the most scrummy strawberry tart using shop bought puff pastry. Half the pastry of a pie but equally lovely.

      Delete
  3. Gearing up for Sunday - I hope the weather will be kind. It can change so quickly. I keep thinking today is Friday. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I look, it says something different. If it rains, we get wet, as someone said before the late Queen's coronation! xx

      Delete
  4. Ugh, migraines are the worse. Mine used to last a week at a time and make me vomit, thankfully they've eased up with age! Hope you managed to stay dry picking your fruit 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be terrible, I know, Fortunately, mine are light and recent and, for now, easily dealt with. I'm glad yours are easing off.
      The ground was wet at the PYO but it was warm and sunny. Nice.
      xx

      Delete
  5. I hope you have a happy picking session, I had strawberries on my weetabix this morning, just one of my Summer treats.

    It was a beautiful morning first thing wasn't it, totally different to the grey day I opened my curtains on yesterday. But I thought to myself, isn't it lovely that we never know what weather to expect when we start each fresh day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delightful, thanks, Sue. Warm and fragrant with raspberries, birds singing . . . half an hour of sheer bliss. Yes, it was a gorgeous start to the day. xx

      Delete
  6. It's amazing how some exercise can put your world to rights. I think it's because it gets the blood flowing through your brain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you are right. I always feel much better after a session with the lovely Lindsey. xx

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad the migraine didn't stick around too long. I only get them once in a while. When I do nothing but going to sleep in the quiet and dark will help!

    ReplyDelete