Saturday 8 July 2023

Saturday, 08-07-23

 


This little chap does my heart good every time I walk past.  Six months ago, he was as dead as a doornail - or so it seemed, damaged beyond recall by the two bouts of very cold weather we had.  I nearly tipped him in the brown bin but noticed one tiny green shoot emerging from the bottom of one of the 'dead' bits so I left him.  And just look at him now. This winter he is coming inside, whether it be into the garden room or the house.

Good morning, everyone.  It is a lovely, sunny morning after a hot yesterday and a comfortable overnight.  We might get rain and even a storm later on before the sun breaks out again which would be great for the garden.  At the moment though it is lovely and I'm going to sit out in a while and enjoy the fresh morning air with my Kindle and a coffee.

Yesterday's Slimming World was so good.  It's always good but even better yesterday.  I'm so glad I go to that group - it's lovely.  I got the new magazine too - because I am on the social team, I get one free each time which is really nice.  I read some yesterday but I think I will take it out with that coffee and mark off some likely recipes!

Then I did a bit of a shop trawl finishing off in Sainsbury's because they're the only shop round here that stocks Fage 2% Greek yogurt which is really nice.
Off to Hobbycraft first but it was a bit disappointing really as there was loads of yarn but not really the colours I was after and I got nothing to go with the sunflower bag.  I did get lining for it though so that's good.  Lining that one will be simple, once I have decided on the handles.
I got three balls of yarn - a green acrylic that I thought might go but really didn't in daylight (but I can use it, no problem) and two whites because I'm always using white one way and another and two because one was free so why not?

Then I drove on to Longacres to get some salt pellets for the water softener but they only had big bags that I couldn't lift.  I could have got someone to help but I would need to lift them the other end out of the car so I left it.  I know I can get some from Amazon.

Sainsbury's was more successful.  I trawled the clothes and even tried on a dress but no.  However, I did get that yogurt and stocked up on fruit and salady stuff as I was getting a bit low, so that was good.

Then it was home, James, where the lovely cleaners were just finishing so that was great timing.  I spend the rest of the day just chilling and taking things nice and easy.  Very pleasant.

No, not a Pimms, but a very nice SW friendly substitute - some people can't tell the difference which is interesting.

Today, I have SET online with Lindsey and then a blank diary so another chill out day calls, I think.  I didn't get the sewing machine out and I won't until I have finished the rest of the sunflower bag.  I will go online to LoveCrafts and see what they have.  The original yarn was from Deramores but Deramore no longer exists, sadly, and LoveCrafts seems to have taken over from them.
I didn't get anywhere with cotton yarn either, at Hobbycraft, so I can look for that too.
Fingers crossed.

Happy Saturday, everyone!  xx

11 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of Lovecrafts before. Having googled them I found myself absorbed in the 'free patterns' section - 226 pages of them.... something for everyone. Amazing selection, thanks Joy!
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good, isn't it? I can spend hours in the site too. Some interesting stuff too. I do miss Deramores though. xx

      Delete
  2. That drink looks so refreshing, Joy. I've just eaten strawberries and raspberries from the garden :-) x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely. They taste better than just about anything else, don't they? So delicious. xx

      Delete
  3. I forgotten what the little chap is that you managed to resurrect. He looks very happy and healthy though!
    Yes, I used to like Deramores too, nowadays I mostly get my wool online from Wool Warehouse. I like their stock control.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, that was me! Blogger is making it really difficult to get me out of 'Anonymous' Annabeth

      Delete
    2. He's some kind of fig. The label says ficus carica Violetta.
      Blogger can be a pain ion the old whatnot, can't it? xx
      xx

      Delete
  4. Wool warehouse is also good for online ordering but you may find that Hobbycraft online has what you are looking for. Fiery here this morning so chores need done sooner rather than later. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Catriona. I will enjoy exploring them. It was hot here this morning and it is now clouding over and getting rather humid.
      Must check the washing is dry before the rain starts (if it does). xx

      Delete
  5. I used to love Deramores, now it's gone Wool warehouse is a good substitute.
    That SW drink looks great, so summery, I bet it's delicious. I've just made a very naughty pud, layers of strawberry, cold custard, ice cream AND cream - a very nice Saturday treat!
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I have used Wool Warehouse. It's nice to know there are replacements.
      Oooh - that pud sounds amazing! xx

      Delete