Tuesday 25 July 2023

Tuesday, 25-07-23

 Morning, everyone.


No garden photo today.

Lindsey posted this on Facebook and I think it is lovely and so very true.

Sharing it round.






Family circuits didn't happen yesterday - well, it did but not for me.  I knew how many would be there and I know how many Lindsey's studio is insured for.  It was going to be out in the garden where there are no restrictions but an hour before, down came the rain in torrents so I offered to pull out.  It wasn't really one that could be delivered online.  I gather it went well but the studio was pretty crowded.  Maybe next week.

I had my PT fix later on anyway and, as always, it was brilliant.

The rain put the clappers on drying clothes outside too - grrrr.  I did two loads, one for the tumble dryer and the other load is still in the machine, lazy me.  I'll have to give it another, short wash this morning.


I finished the granny square top - tunic, really.  Apologies for the bad light and I did give it all a steam press after taking the photo.  I'm actually quite pleased with it.

Didn't do that weeding though - it was either raining or drizzling or looking as if it was going to start raining or drizzling.
















Today, I have Groove first thing and later on I am popping over to Beth's with some embroidery thread she needs.  The rest of the list is things I didn't do yesterday - weeding, washing, ironing, etc.  Just an ordinary day.

How's the weather your way?  xx



28 comments:

  1. That tunic top is lovely Joy, well done! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze. It looks OK on too, which is amazing. :-) xx

      Delete
  2. Love the tunic top Joy, you are so talented. I really must learn to get to grips with crocheting. Maybe I should start a bucket list!
    Suze xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHen I started, I found it took a bit of getting used to but, like knitting, once you have the basics, the rest is pretty straightforward.
      I'll show you, if you like.
      xx

      Delete
  3. That tunic is very pretty.
    The good steady drizzle here most of yesterday was probably very good for the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you are absolutely right - some ongoing rain was long overdue and mush needed. And it does feel lovely and fresh this morning. xx

      Delete
  4. This is the nicest crochet top I've ever seen, and very wearable. How clever of you to put the squares together in diamonds, which gives the lovely sweetheart neckline!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annabeth, that's so kind. I did enjoy making it. xx

      Delete
  5. That top is so pretty and very Summery, you're a talented lady. Meanwhile my limit is dishcloths. I guess I could sew them together and make a string vest. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < chuckle > Very punk! Make sure you take a photo. xx

      Delete
  6. I'm super impressed by your crochet top. Love the little watering can meme too x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alison.
      I loved the watering can thing too - and it is so true. xx

      Delete
  7. Let's all try and water the things we want to grow ;-) Love the top - very smart. x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely let's. It's the best way to be.
      Thanks. xx

      Delete
  8. I really like the top! As always your creativity impresses me xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Chrissie, that's so kind. xx

      Delete
  9. That top is so pretty. Love it. Great job! XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Maureen. Very kind. xx

      Delete
  10. Love your top and well done you for designing and making it! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone has been so very nice about it - thank you so much, Catriona. xx

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you, Marjorie. I must make sure I wear it sometimes. xx

      Delete
  12. I like that little illustration. So true!
    Wow the top is really beautiful. You're very talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, isn't it. Very true and do-able too.
      Thanks very much. xx

      Delete
  13. The tunic top is just lovely. It turned out very well.

    The little meme at the top of the post is definitely true.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it has - much better than I expected. Thank you. I think I'm still not 100% about the sleeves but they work and thel look better when it is being worn.
      xx

      Delete
  14. The top is gorgeous, Joy. You are so talented. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jules, that's really kind. xx

      Delete