Thursday 20 July 2023

Thursday, 20-07-23

 Good morning, everyone.  No sun again this morning but fingers crossed.  We got some yesterday but we also got a bit of rain.  It's a bit variable right now.

Definitely time to start picking - they're at the point where if you blink, you miss them grow a cm or so..  Woo hoo!

The main event of yesterday was the opticians, of course.  Don't I live a wildly exciting life!!  I got a pre-registration opthalmic-wotsit - qualified but doing his first year under supervision a bit like what used to be called a probationary year for teachers or the houseman role for doctors.  Did I mind, they asked?

Well, of course I didn't.  He was rather slow and tended to double check things but he was very thorough and very nice and spend ages taking a careful look at my 'freckle'.
Quite a while ago, before retirement, they had found a something at the back of my right eye and sent me off to the eye department of the local hospital group for investigations.  It turned out to be 'nothing to worry about' but advised me to have regular checks when I had my eyes tested.
Anyway, as I said, he spent ages checking and I was starting to get a bit concerned but he was just 'making sure' - experience for him, I expect, as well as checking for me.  And it is still absolutely fine.

Yes, I needed a new prescription and decided to splash out on new frames too; naughty of me really because there's nothing wrong with my current ones but there you go.  So there's two new pairs in the making (normals and tinted) and I pick them up in a fortnight or so.  Then I can discard my spare ones and the ones I am wearing right now can be the spares.  Just in case, you understand . . .

Today, I'm in a bit of a rush because I'm due at the surgery first thing to have a 'review of my medical condition' (eg, have my blood pressure measured, etc) with the nurse.  
Then it is an ordinary day until this evening when I am off to school for a farewell do for Natalie, the current head, who is moving onward and upward.  She has been an absolutely brilliant head and will be sorely missed.

And that is that for today so I will get this off and then I need to get ready - I'd rather have time the other end of being ready than before - if that makes sense.

Take care, have a great day and enjoy whatever you have scheduled.  xx

12 comments:

  1. It's nice to get the routine appointments out of the way. Enjoy your evening! x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. I popped them in this week because Lindsey is away so no Shimmy classes.
      Thanks. xx

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your farewell to Natalie. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I will. It will be nice to see my old colleagues again. xx

      Delete
  3. Don't make the same mistake that I did and get virtually identical new glasses to the old ones and then never know which ones you are actually wearing ... the new prescription or the 'spares'!!

    Good luck with your annual review. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < chuckle > Ooops. No, they are different, thank goodness. And the spares will be tucked away in a drawer.

      Thanks. Not so much annual, more a half decade review. I strongly suspect it will be annual from now on.
      xx

      Delete
  4. I have a similar event to attend myself, this evening. I hope you have a lovely time. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jules. I'm looking forward to it. I hope you have a great time too. xx

      Delete
  5. Those courgettes look lovely and healthy. I've been eating some most days and the rain is making them grow so quickly. You've reminded me to book an eye test... Tony has a freckle on the back of his eye too. He gets it checked every year at the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple in the fridge and I'll probably add some to my penne arrabbiata for lunch today (Friday). And fritters - courgette fritters - yummy!
      The optician checks mine and thee's a not on my record to be recalled annually. Same thing really and it is reassuring to know it's in the radar so to speak. xx

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a busy day for you. Enjoy and take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie. It all went really well. xx

      Delete