Monday 5 September 2022

Monday

 Good morning and happy Monday, everyone.  We've had some rain overnight and everything looks nice and fresh - lovely.  Beeb says we may get more rain later on too, much needed, I have to say, so that's good.

Yesterday passed.  I didn't get any washing done - lazy me - and Beth and Alex had to come in the evening rather than lunch time which was fine.  I enjoyed their visit and we had a good old chat about all sorts of things, including Chr*stm*s (again) - Beth is as much of a child about it as I am. 
 Beth's had horrendous trouble with her new phone but a friend went round and helped her sort it out which was why she couldn't come earlier, so that's excellent.  

That was it for yesterday really.  I kept dozing off during the day after my stupidly early start and I've had a really good sleep overnight too.

Today, unless it starts raining again, I think I'm going over to Lathcoats to pick some more plums and then get some bits and bobs from the farm shop.

Later on, all the exercise classes resume for the new term and today is circuits.  I might go for a swim afterwards.  I've kept away during the school holidays as the pool does tend to get rather crowded but all the schools round here are back today so it will be loads better.

That's my three things, isn't it?  I'll get a bit of washing done too but it won't be a full on washing day.  I really should have done it yesterday but never mind!  I have a good drying rack.

It really does feel like the start of a new year, more so than New Year's Day ever feels.  Decades of conditioning, I guess.  And in two and a half weeks, I'm off on holiday.  Yay!

Have a lovely day, everyone.  I hope all goes well for you, whatever you plan to do.  Take care.  xx

16 comments:

  1. A very small shower here this morning , not enough to do any good.
    Hope your day goes well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You seem to have had even less than we have which is saying something. Really hoping for a good downpour soon - several, in fact. xx

      Delete
  2. Morning Joy. We had rain overnight too, along with thunder and lightening. Enjoy your trip to Lathcoates if you go. What will you do with the plums?
    D is back to her job in school today so it does feel like the start of a new year in some ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember any storming here but that doesn't mean there wasn't.
      I will eat some, freeze some and maybe make a small amount of plum jam - not loads because I don't eat much jam. The frozen plums will get used up through the winter months.
      xx

      Delete
  3. We've obviously had a lot of rain overnight as everything is soaked through, but now the sun is out and the bedding is on the line drying before our house-sitters arrive ... because we are off on our holidays today ... YAY!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I had replies, sorry. How lovely to be on holiday - have a great time. xx

      Delete
  4. Mornin' Joy. It hammered down here so watering is not needed for a few days. I'm just seeing how today rolls for a change. Nothing planned or pressing so I might sit a knit this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea - you've worked jolly hard over the last week or so. xx

      Delete
  5. We had heavy rain and lightning during the night, and there may have been thunder as well but I didn't hear it, with a couple of showers thrown into the mix during the day. More heavy rain forecast for tomorrow.... the garden is very happy!

    I hope you've enjoyed yourself today xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gather there was a storm overnight but it didn't wake me. More rain again over Monday night - happy! xx

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Rain can be such a blessing, can't it? xx

      Delete
  7. We could use a bit of rain. Okay more than a bit as things are really dry. Really hot as well, which will be sticking around until later in the week.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to read this. It it unusual or do you get very seasonal rain? xx

      Delete
  8. It finally cooled down here a bit yesterday. Dull, but no rain. Oh a holiday - something to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cooler is a start, isn't it? We've had more rain since and it's definitely cooling down all round now. which is nice. xx

      Delete