Monday 13 May 2019

Monday

Good morning, everyone!  The sun is shining, there's no mist, it looks lovely out there.  A very cheering sight.

It was great yesterday too.  I got four loads of washing dried on the line (and washed and ironed) although, to be fair, one load was just the fabric that arrived for Beth.  There was plenty of it and my line looked very cheerful at that point!

Tracking back to the start of the day, swimming was good again.  I'm not doing long because I've got very unfit again and don't want to push it while I'm still snuffly.  I'm not waking very sore and achey which is good as that's what puts me off.  The 'gossip girls' (remember them) are still there but this time they've started smiling and exchanging a few friendly words which is nice. 
Best of all, the powers that be have obviously sorted out the problems with pool temperature and getting into the water is now a pleasure, not a shivery pain.

I was back home for breakfast by ten and then started on the washing.  That's all done now, ironed and ready to be pit away this morning.  Very satisfying.
I did think about sewing but came to no conclusions as to what so I have shelved that for a while.  I'm hardly short of clothes now!

Today, Matt arrives at eight.  I have planning to do plus the usual post weekend housework before popping off the school after lunch.  Then it's tuition before what I hope will be a peaceful evening.  Just a normal Monday, in fact.

Have a good one!  xx


10 comments:

  1. Touch of frost on roof edges here this morning Brrrr.
    Have a good normal Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't notice any here but that's not so say there wasn't, earlier. These early mornings can be very chilly!
      xx

      Delete
  2. It sounds silly to be so chuffed to have your washing all done but I do understand it is a lovely feeling when you see it all freshly ironed and ready to go away. I have a basket full just waiting to be put away which is actually the bit I hate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind the actual putting away, it's the getting it all upstairs for me. I should live in a bungalow, shouldn't I?
      xx

      Delete
  3. It is a good washing day today so will be putting a bit more in. I will definitely be sewing today - shame as the weather is nice for gardening. Have a good day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a brilliant washing day - there's even a gentl;e breeze - absolutely perfect!
      xx

      Delete
  4. I'm glad it's not just me who gets excited at the washing drying on the line. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For so many years I didn't have a washing line and didn't do anything about it. Now I have, it's lovely!
      xx

      Delete
  5. We're not having any line-drying weather around here. More and more rain. The chicken run is like quicksand! There's a forecast for up to 4 inches of snow tonight about 1/2 hour north of us. But I do love having all the washing done and put away. I love a squeaky clean kitchen and bathroom also. Too bad they don't stay that way for long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Sue - not more snow? WHere on earth is it coming from?
      Is this exceptional or expected where you live?
      A shame about the rain but better than snow, I guess.
      xx

      Delete