Monday 26 May 2014

Monday


The corn at the front is Beth's
It's the Whitsun Bank Holiday so, of course, it is raining and looks as if it has been for some time.  Everything is dripping and it feels quite cold too.  Great for those families planning a day out, I don't think.

Yesterday was quite the opposite.  It was a delightful day, not too hot, a fresh breeze a-blowing and lots of sunshine.  I sat out and potted on the tomato plants and a few other bits and bobs and it was lovely.

The reports are going . . . that's all I'm saying.  Tomorrow I intend to spend most of the day in school.  I've been asked to lead a staff meeting and want to get all the stuff ready for that as well as gathering together some books for the report info.  So it's personal statements today.

I decided not to make bread on Saturday, totally forgetting that I now make it for Beth, sorry, Beth.  So there's now dough rising in Thermione.  I need to sort out the fridge as there's some oldish stuff in there that needs either using or (sorry) discarding.  The whole thing needs a wipe over anyway.  If the weather cheers up, there's some stuff in the shed that really would do better being moved into the garage so that's the other task for today.

Last Friday, when I had lunch with Beth, I had a brie and bacon toasted sarnie with onion marmalade and the marmalade was so delicious I've decided to make some myself. It's the first time since I got Thermione that I am sorry I handed on my processor as it was grand for slicing.  Never mind, the knives are sharp so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle, just a bit eye-watering.  Beth has already put in a claim for one of the jars so no excuses!

Aren't half terms exciting?  :-)

My breakfast bacon is smelling done so I must go.  Have a good day.

2 comments:

  1. Funny you should mention your fridge that is exactly what I thought I should do today. Mine could use a good clean and tidy and given that the weather looks poor it is a nice indoor job to keep me occupied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly my thoughts too. It's always lovely when it's done too.
    J x

    ReplyDelete