Monday 24 October 2022

Monday

Good morning.  Half term week has started round here and all is strangely silent next door.  Instead of the running up and down stairs, getting ready, there is peace and  quiet.  Very nice for the mum and dad!

We have obviously had rain, a fair amount by the look of things, but I have no idea whether it stormed or not.  At the moment it is dull and quite breezy.  It might brighten up, I suppose - it did yesterday between showers.

I continued to rest up yesterday and got on with the crochet.

It isn't wide enough yet because I have decided to make it a proper cover that goes down the sides of the bed, not just a 'sit on top' thing, so it's going to have to be a fair bit wider than I originally planned.
As you can see, there's no planning, no design, just finish one ball and start the next (sewing in the ends as I go - I'm not daft!!)
It's an almost self correcting stitch - the longest you can go before realising you have made an error is two rows and, while two rows is quite long now, it's better than it could be!
Here's the stitch in close up.  It's just an ordinary stitch with loads of trebles and the occasions slip stitch or six chain!!










So today I will carry on.  I don't have much in the diary as all fitness classes are off this week and Lindsey is on holiday.  Someone is coming around midday to talk about a window replacement and I really do have to catch up on my ironing - I'll be starting a new lot of washing soon and it bothers me to see the old ironing still in the basket!

Yesterday, I fired off an email about renting a cottage next year (close to the Peak District again) to a place I have used before, more than a decade ago now.  The trouble is, I don't know whether it's still on the market, so to speak.  The prices look very reasonable but, to be fair, it is just outside the National Park, in a little village called Old Brampton and the prices do drop dramatically within a few miles once one is outside the Park.
I'm hoping to get a reply but have no idea whether I will or not - it's worth a go though because if the info on the site is up to date, I could afford a fortnight.
Fingers crossed.

Have a good day, one and all, whatever your plans are.  Take care, stay well and be safe.  xx



22 comments:

  1. Blanket is looking amazing. Do you ever use the magic knot joining. Ethid for the yarn which would save a lot of darning of the ends? Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ethid should say method! Catriona

      Delete
    2. I will look it up, thanks. xx

      Delete
    3. Oooh - I like that. Good for when it doesn't have to be in a specific place. Many thanks. xx

      Delete
    4. I was just going to suggest the same as Catriona, glad I read the comments first! I prepared a large ball first with 'magic knotting' before I started the C2C blanket.

      Delete
    5. I love the magic knot - how come I didn't know about it before??? :-) xx

      Delete
  2. The blanket is going to be beautiful when it's finished. It's certainly going to come in very useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too. It will be big enough for upstairs or down on a cold morning or evening and I am so happy to be clearing some of my stash usefully, not just chucking out. The nice thing about random is that it doesn't matter if it's just a tiny bit, enough for less than a row. It still looks fine.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Those colours are gorgeous. I'm going through a slow phase with my crochet, but I still love seeing other people's projects
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly, it is just what I grab from my stash shelf and it is lovely that it seems to be working. Thank you. xx

      Delete
  4. That's a very unique and clever way to crochet a blanket it's going to look amazing.

    Isn't it nice to be thinking about a holiday for next year. I don't know what we are going to do yet, but we definitely want to go to places that we can take the dogs with us now that they are a pair of old ladies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice. I haven't had a response and I suspect I may not, but I have other strings to my bow and I definitely want more time in the Peak District.

      I do think the blanket will look great. We must be prepared and this will help. xx

      Delete
  5. Your crochet project is so pretty! And yes it will be very handy in the cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. Maybe not a great as a planned one but much better for using loads of historical stash!!

      Delete
  6. The blanket looks lovely. What a great way to use up odds and ends. I have done a knit corner 2 corner blanket and love how quickly the blanket grows.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's growing. Gobbling up the yarn and looking pretty random! :-) xx

      Delete
  7. Blanket looks lovely and the colours are very cheery. Good luck with the holiday planning. It's always nice to plan these things so there's something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great way to use up a stash of yarn. The blanket looks great already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm happy with how it is going. xx

      Delete
  9. Oh, that sounds wonderful; I hope you get it. Crocheting is so relaxing. The blanket is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had no reply so I suspect it is no longer available and the site is old now. A shame but not to worry. xx

      Delete