Sunday 30 October 2022

Sunday

 Morning, one and all.  Did you remember the clock change?  To my delight, I managed to sleep longer than usual and woke up just before seven.  I'd much rather spend that extra hour in sleep than in ironing or whatever!!

Yesterday was yet another lovely autumnal day, packed with sunshine and very, very mild.  It has to break at some point but it's nice to be able to air the house and keep the heating off, isn't it?
I spent the day just pottering really.  Bit of cooking, bit of housework, bit of ironing, quite a lot of crochet, Strictly (of course) and so on.

Today, I plan to go to the Clock Tower precinct to get my veg from M&S, other bits and bobs from Aldi and then to have a look around Dunelm.  I haven't looking there for ages and still have a few Twelve Days pressies to get.
Then I have ironing and the usual stuff to do at home.

Thank you all so very much for your kind comments.  It is nice to be blogging again, even if it's just ordinary, everyday stuff with nothing special or exciting.  My kind of life!   :-)

I caught up a bit on your blogs yesterday and will finish doing that today.  I may not comment on older posts but I will read.
Sue - I commented but in case you don't catch it - the raffle prize arrived yesterday.  Thank you so much for the fascinating leaflets and the lovely card and message.  Beth will be very interested - she did a month on rations ages ago using old books, etc, that my Mum gave her.

Have a lovely Sunday, everyone.  Take care and be happy.  xx

16 comments:

  1. Well done on the extra bit of sleep....I didn't manage it, woke up ridiculously early again. Never mind, it'll change soon. I do like Dunelm, there's a nice big one up near the caravan so it's somewhere I like to go when we're staying there. Enjoy your day, Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT has interesting little gizmo things, doesn't it, and I am sure their Christmas area is up and running too. I'm rather looking forward to a good nosey round.
      I find it surprising how quickly one adjusts to the time change. Even when I had littlies, it wasn't too much of an issue. They responded to routines as much, if not more, than daylight/darkness. xx

      Delete
  2. So glad to hear you are feeling better. I'm another fan of Dunelm but their nearest store is 30 miles away so I tend to shop online with them.

    I remembered that the clocks changed but I don't have any plans for today so it didn't bother me too much. I was tired after a long coach ride home which involved three detours because of roadworks on the M4 and road closures nearer home, so I slept in this morning and will probably have an early night tonight! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear, that sounds a real trial for you. Good luck with the early night and good sleep catch up. xx

      Delete
  3. I hope you have a lovely Sunday too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been round a Dunelm in ages - enjoy your trip
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's nice to feel I want to do a shop wander again. xx

      Delete
  5. :-) You've reminded me of a friend of mine who deliberately doesn't change her clocks the night before, gets up and does an hour of house work, then puts the clock back having not lost an hour from her day...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really glad to see you back Joy and hope that you are feeling much better now.
    Hubby went around last night before we went to bed and made sure that the clocks were right for this morning. My body clock hasn't quite adjusted but I'm sure it will be fine by tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Yes, I'm loads better now.
      My dad used to do that- so very organised!! xx

      Delete
  7. I hope your Sunday was perfect. Here it was a bright and sunny day for a change. While it wasn't the warmest, I could at least take a walk without freezing.

    I am glad you are feeling better.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Jackie. It was rather damp but not at all cold. I'm glad you had a lovely walk. xx

      Delete
  8. I remembered the hour, yet I was still up ridiculously early. But at least this time it was with good reason :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point! :-) And it does all even out at some point. xx

      Delete