Tuesday 4 October 2022

Tuesday - and it's finished (nearly)

 Morning, everyone.  After a dry, dull and somewhat humid day yesterday, today looks to be very similar.  No little sunshine icons or the chart but no rain or wind either so let's be thankful for small mercies!

Yesterday was a finishing off day.

I finished off the washing so the baskets are now almost empty (yesterday's stuff is now in, of course).
I finished the ironing so the ironing basket is now empty (three cheers).
I finished catching up on 'It Takes Two'.  Now I need to catch up on last week's House of Games.

And I finished the Elmer jumper - apart from the button. There were such an awful lot of loose ends to sew in but it was definitely fun to knit and I might do another, a bigger size, to pop in the Salvation Army drop off point.  I have little bits and bobs of lots of yarn that are no good for bigger things but fin for a couple of squares.

I do hope they like it.  It looks short and, therefore, wide but it is for a little baby and their clothes are short!

(Thank you so much, by the way, to Joan who offered to send me an elephant button if I couldn't find one.  That's so kind and I will let you know if I need to accept your kind offer.  xx)

It was great to get back to circuits.  All the walking last week helped in that I managed the exercise bike without getting all puffed; I'm a bit stiff from other stuff but the bike is my bugbear and I'm glad that was easier.

Today starts with Groove, then I have loadsa housework before sitting down with some more knitting. 

Late afternoon, son, Dave, has organised someone to come and look at my kitchen window with a view to maybe replacing it with a bay window, just to give the front a bit of interest - the front of my house is, frankly, rather boring to look at.  It's just a thought at present really and I might have to get planning permission which sounds equally boring!!

 And that's about it really.  Just a usual sort of day (apart from the window).
How about you?  Doing anything exciting?  xx

16 comments:

  1. What a nice idea for a jumper. Regarding the window, you could ask about a bow - much less work than a bay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think, Ruth, that is what I meant - I never realised there was a different. I don't want to make structural changes, just have a sticky-out curved sort of window - if possible. It would have to open though. I'll see what the chap says. xx

      Delete
  2. The jumper is absolutely gorgeous and some little person is going to look so cute in it. We are having our misted up porch windows replaced today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pain when the seal goes, isn't it? Hopefully it will all go smoothly - it should be a simple enough job. xx

      Delete
  3. That jumper is just amazing. I would have loved either of my boys to have had something like that. Jason did have a 'work of art' of a Thomas the Tank Engine jumper that I loved him in when he was a toddler that my Mum made.

    Nothing that exiting going on here today I'm afraid, but I do have to nip Alan up a garage that is refinishing the wheels on his car ... again!! He does have a habit of catching them on kerbs and things and as they are expensive low-profile show-offy things he likes to get them fixed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made a lovely dinosaur jumper for Alex when he was a lad, using what I think is called 'French Darning'. It took me ages and he loved it but he only lost it first time out wearing it!! Kids!

      Thanks, Sue. xx

      Delete
  4. I love the jumper, you've done a good job. There are loads of elephant buttons on Etsy and Amazon so hope you can find something suitable.

    Will having the kitchen window changed mean that you have to replace kitchen units? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eileen. I really hope they like it - I do!
      No, it is a simple window replacement. The chap's been and gone and will send me a quote. No need to planning permission as it's not changing the 'footage' (I think that's what he said) of the building. xx

      Delete
  5. Love the jumper! My mum knitted my boys Thomas The Tank and Postman Pat jumpers - happy memories
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute jumper (sweater as we call them here across the pond). An elephant button would be the perfect finishing touch.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the jumper. It's really beautiful. I am sure it will be treasured

    ReplyDelete
  8. The jumper is fab. Can you make a big one for me ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I certainly have enough spare yarn, that's for sure!!! :-) xx

      Delete