Saturday 13 March 2021

Saturday

 Good morning, everyone.  It's a pleasant start to the day - the skies are pretty clear and it's going to be sunny.  There's still a brisk wind but nothing too worrying.

Yesterday passed happily.  I ended up not allotmenting as everywhere was wet and I may work hard there but only in fine weather!

The dental appointment was just to check that I'm brushing my teef properly.  It seems I am, there was virtually nothing to be seen when she used the disclosing stuff so I got a metaphorical pat on the back which made me feel happier than it should really!  
So that's the dentist done for a month and a half, more or less.

As it was such a blowy day, after the rain died down I managed to get two loads of washing out on the line where it dried beautifully.  I now have some ironing to do.

Today I am whizzing off for an early morning shop to Sainsbury's.  I don't really NEED to shop but there are some things I want that only Sainsbury's sells.
While I'm there, I'll check out the clothes, of course.  There's bound to be some new stuff in and I need some more longer tops to wear with my jeggings and cropped leggings come the finer weather.  Well - I say 'need' but . . .

At eleven I have booked into a Thermomix demo run by the local team.  They are very good at doing these demos, asking only for a voluntary charitable donation, which I am always happy to do.  Today's is meals for Mothering Sunday, not that I am cooking for anyone but they are always interesting and one gets good ideas.

And I MUST allotmentate today.  Apart from anything else, I need the exercise!

Eileen kindly gave me a link to a site that does online talks and demos and I am really looking forward to trawling through it for some future online entertainment.  I may do that today.
And I still haven't got round to working out my seed sowing schedule.  Dear oh my, I will be late with the plants again if I don't get a move on.

And finally, I'm on the last lap with the hexagon blanket.  I decided to crochet round the shapes rather than knit fill-ins, mostly because there would be so many and I just couldn't be bothered!  I should get that finished at some point today.

So what with planning, digging and weeding, ironing, knitting, cookery demo and shopping, it should be a great day.  I hope yours is as well.  Be happy and stay safe.  xx

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a full day I hope the weather plays ball for your planting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have been, had I done what I planned. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you are going to be busy today. Have you watched 'Steve's seaside allotment' videos on you tube? Very informative. Short and straight to the point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't, I will make a point of looking him up, thanks.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Any lucky finds in the clothes department?

    I hope the weather behaves and you get to do your allotment work. It's still blowing hard here and it's almost impossible to stand upright out there. Good luck with the planting plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a couple and no, I didn't but not to worry! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  4. You seem to be busy all the time Joy, sunny but breezy here too so hope you get to your allotment and stay dry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to be busy . . . < rueful grin >
      xx

      Delete
  5. You do keep yourself busy but that is for the best I'd say, personally I don't like feeling bored. It has been a good day today my morning class went very well; one of those classes where you forget the time. Our Saturday afternoons are always lazy doing as little as possible;watching a film and crochet. I do look forward to seeing your blanket. keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's finished now and I will post a photo.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Sounds as if you had a busy day planned. Hope all went well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well - it was a lovely day anyway. :-)
      xx

      Delete