Tuesday 26 January 2021

Tuesday

 Good morning, everyone.  After a fairly unpleasant weekend, yesterday's weather was lovely.  Very cold, sure, but bright and sunny all day with clear, blue skies and no wind.  It was so cheering.  Today's forecast is not so nice with rain predicted this afternoon.  We will see.

I seized the moment (or the ideal conditions) to get out into the shed and finally get the upright freezer sorted.  It wasn't a difficult job, there was very little rubbish in it, but the shelves had become a bit untidy and the top was very iced up.  About an hour later, it was all done and dusted and, for the first time ever, I think, I have two defrosted, tidy freezers at the same time plus a complete list of contents.  Cheers!

It was jolly cold work though so I decided to go in and get warmed up rather than do anything else outside.  Maybe I will pop out this morning and deal with the least cluttered bed which is just getting a bit weedy and needs sorting before it gets warmer and the weeds take over.

The rest of the time was spent doing the usual routine-y stuff and very pleasant it was too.  I caught up with Pottery Throwdown and agreed with the elimination this week.  I loved the bowl but the fruit wasn't great at all, very messy.  I'd have definitely given house room to the bowl though, it was wonderful.  You could tell where they had devoted their time.

Some time this week, I have to pop into town to pick up my meds, but not today.  Maybe tomorrow, I'll see how I feel.  And when I do my fruit and veg shopping, I'm going to Sainsbury's as I need to pop into the optician there to ask what's happened to my second pair of glasses!   Unfortunately, I won't be able to go very early but if I arrive at eight, I can do my shopping and then go to Specsavers when they open at nine.

As for today, the plan is to tackle the raised bed and a couple more higher cupboards in the kitchen while this afternoon I have the weekly Zoom chat with Dad.  Before then, weather permitting, I might pop out for a walk.  I'll see how I feel.

That's about it really.  We're all living the quiet life at the moment really.  How's the week started for you?

Take care, stay warm and be safe.  xx

13 comments:

  1. Mine started with a 10,000 mile service for me and a change of bedding no point in putting a pristine body into a grubby bed! I also gave the hob a birthday which it needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine started with 2 loads of washing as it was sunny. first the bed linen and then the sun shone on my big blanket (I don't like duvets) so I thought go for it and washed that as well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - good for you. Did the blanket dry in time for bed?
      xx

      Delete
  3. Zoom exercise in the morning, made 6 portions of meatballs in the afternoon,so two more ready meals in the freezer, ironed, started to knit a new pair of socks. 'Highlight' of the week is today's visit to the chiropodist, unfortunately in the town centre, and I see that one of the big car parks underneath the shopping mall is closed due to lockdown restrictions. Hope the other one is not too busy but as I'm going to be there before 10 it should be ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Given lockdown, there probably isn't the traffic for two car parks - I hope not anyway.
      You've been very busy - it all sounds great.
      xx

      Delete
  4. My day started with exercise, then a telephone consultation with my doctor (better news, see my blog) and now I am tidying around. This afternoon is filled with Zoom calls.

    I'm glad you got your freezer sorted out. It always feels good to be on top of that doesn't it.

    Enjoy your catch up with your Dad xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IO will pop straight over after this reply. :-)
      Yes, it feels very good indeed.
      xx

      Delete
  5. I'm currently doing a little bit of jigsaw each day. It must be years since we last did a jigsaw and we are thoroughly enjoying doing this one. We lead such exciting lives :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best things in life are the supposedly 'small' things, I believe. They give a huge amount of enjoyment.
      xx

      Delete
  6. I must have missed the pottery this week - shame as I enjoy it. I am wanting to do some garage tidying but it is far too cold up here at the moment and we are expecting more snow on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is on playback (I forget what it's called) so maybe you could catch it there.
      I've looked it up and you can find it here. Copy and baste.
      https://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-great-pottery-throw-down
      xx

      Delete