Friday 26 June 2020

Friday

Good morning, everyone.  I woke early again (early for me = around four) and right now the sky is a very odd colour.  it looks rather ominous. 

I've just checked Beeb weather, to see, and - oh, dear!

Small wonder the sky is looking odd.

Yesterday was lovely - in certain places.  Out in the sun, it was very, very hot but inside with fans on and outside in the shade of the tree it was absolutely beautiful with a cool breeze.  Perfect.

This is where I spent a good part of the afternoon.

I felt incredibly sorry for the two men putting up the scaffolding.  I'd been told I mustn't offer any drinks, etc, they would bring their own, which makes sense in the current situation but poor chaps.
The scaffolding is now up and work starts today (hopefully).

I did warn the neighbours!


I sorted out two bedrooms and took down the curtains so all is ready.  I've left my own bedroom curtains up for now, of course.  Apart from that, I did precious little.  Nice day.

Today, I expect, will be more of the same.  I need to go shopping but will have to find out if/when I need to be around so it won't be an early morning shop.  I've managed to put off the cleaners until next week.  There will be enough people milling around in the house without two cleaners adding to the general confusion.

It's getting blacker and blacker and I need another coffee to console me so I'll stop now, get my coffee and pop upstairs to bathe and get dressed.
Have a good day, whatever happens to your weather, and be safe.  xx




14 comments:

  1. We had a storm at about 5.30 this morning but it has passed over now however it did at least do my watering for me. Good luck with the builders but at least you have put some employment their way which must be helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sun's out now so fingers crossed. No thunder, just quite heavy rain here.
      xx

      Delete
  2. The BBC says there will be more rain than the Met Office at IP14 - they both have warnings of thunderstorms - yet the % chance of rain is low!
    Hope the building stuff goes well whatever the weather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we've had our dose of rain for the day - that would be good!
      Actually, early rain and then sunshine for the rest of the day would be absolutely perfect every day!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Hot and wet here. And humid! Not very Scottish at all. I'll be having scaffolding up in a few weeks too but need to prepare the garden for it first!

    Enjoy your day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're having all sorts of weather this morning. It doesn't feel particularly humid, but I'm not doing an awful lot at the moment.
      xx

      Delete
  4. There was no sign of the thunderstorm we were promised so I am still on watering duties!

    I hope your rain clears up so it doesn't hinder the window installation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you will get some later on?

      It has cleared, thanks. The garage door is being done as I type and 'the window boys' should be arriving at some point this morning.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Did you get enough rain to mean you don't need water the garden or was it just a drip and a splash?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty heavy for about an hour, much more than just a dribble. I'm still doing the pots around the edge later on as they can be quite sheltered, but the allotment should be OK.
      xx

      Delete
  6. I hope things are going well with getting your new windows installed. With the rain it may take a bit longer, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It went pretty well, thank you. They are coming to finish off today.
      xx

      Delete
  7. The weather has been unpredictable for a few days now. No chance of that today, however, it's forecast strong winds and heavy rain all day. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had some quite strong wind here too and, while this morning was fine, this afternoon has been wet.
      xx

      Delete