Monday 15 June 2020

Monday

Good morning.  I was up before the lark this morning and I do love seeing the light change as the sun rises.  Yesterday was another beautiful day and it looks as if today is more of the same.  

I met up with Beth down the allotment and we tidied everything up with a good weeding session before watering everything well.  After a bit of healthy neglect, the veggies are all doing really well.  The baby cucumber has - er - babies, the broad bean pods are developing, the runner beans are climbing up the canes . . . oh, you get the idea.  The only thing that's not done well this year is the strawberries and we have a few plans for what to do about them.

I was quite weary when I got home, set up the recliner outside and within half an hour I was snoozing peacefully and happily!  Once I woke, the rest of the day was lazy and restful.  I had a small and leisurely barbecue which was great, the little bucket barbie doing a great job.  Here it is in action.


Today is washing day.  I have loads of whites and some colourds so I guess that's three wash loads.  If I start the first load soon, it's all be done and dried through the day, ready for ironing this evening.  Apart from that, there's watering and general fussing over the babies down the allotment and a bit of planting out to fill a few gaps.  Ditto at home too.

Between us, Lindsey and I decided to cancel the personal training again today and I believe that was the right decision.  It's starting to feel much easier again, didn't bother me at all through the night and there's no point troubling trouble!  We'll probably start again on Wednesday!

After a very busy last week, this week has very few things in the diary which feels nice given the expected generally good weather.   I'm looking forward to plenty of relaxing out in the garden with kindle to hand.
Have a lovely day, everyone.  xx


6 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're having better weather where you live. It rained on and off all weekend and today is supposed to be the same, with thunderstorms forecast for tomorrow!

    Your little BBQ is getting some good use. Will it last more than one season do you think, or will you need to replace it next year?

    Glad your shoulder pain is easing up. Let's hope it doesn't happen again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping it will last but, if it doesn't, it wasn't expensive at all. I've looked around and there are other little, portable barbecues available so I would be spoilt for choice really but here's hoping I don't need to be.
      I've re-checked the forecast (it keeps changing) and there could be some rain on the horizon but not all that much and, at present, no thunderstorms. What will be, will be, though so time will tell. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely little BBQ I have a similar thing it is called a cob but I am usually too lazy to light the thing and I can burn food rather well on my stove!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a rather superior looking cob on Lakeland and will be umming and ahing about it now. It's expensive, sadly.
      I think the lighting and the waiting, the lovely smoky smell, etc, is all part of the fun. It was lovely sitting in the garden, one eye on the bucket to make sure it was safe and the other on my Kindle. A perfect way to rest and relax. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  3. You sound very upbeat and happy. I love that little bbq. Whatever you are cooking looks delicious! That bbq is so cute and looks very efficient.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute BBQ.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete