Tuesday 2 June 2020

Tuesday

Good morning.

I've started using the new 'Blogger' and immediately hit a snag.  How do you start a new entry apart from opening the previous one and clicking 'new post' (or whatever it says)?  It took me ages to work it out, just because the (admittedly big orange) button was at the bottom of the page, not at the top.  Oh, well, I will get used to it.

Yesterday was another truly beautiful day.  Warm, sunny, breezy, absolutely delightful.


At quarter past eight, I set off for town feeling more than a bit anxious.  Apart from not knowing which car parks were open (they all were, as it happened), the whole 'stay at home/stay safe/stay alert' thing is now so ingrained that deviating from it is enough to create anxiety.

I should have known better; it was perfectly OK.  It was the easiest drive into town I think I have ever had, the car park I chose was virtually empty, the streets were almost empty, Boots was open and the longest hold up was at the counter where the pharmacist was a little bit late so I had to wait to get my meds.

I had expected to have been handled the prescription form and have to either go to another counter or get them made up at Morrisons but no, the packs were all ready for me to take once the pharmacist had okayed it.

I was home in under an hour and it was a doddle.  I won't be so worried next time although I must investigate either having them delivered or made up at Morrisons so I don't have to go into town.

Later on it was another change.  Instead of having my personal training online, I went round to Lindsey's and it was absolutely delightful to work outside.  I'm hoping it's fine on Wednesday so I can do the same again.

I did my washing.  I did some of my ironing.  I planned meals and started a shopping list. Beth did the watering.  It was a good day.

Today starts with the Zoom Slimming World meeting.  Usually I then moves on to a live chat with Chris but today she's coming over and we're meeting in the garden this afternoon.  I'm really looking forward to that!

I hope your day is good too.  Take care.  xx

10 comments:

  1. Feels chillier this morning here - have a good day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been out yet. Thanks for the 'warning'. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good day planned and your visit to town sounded good too.. as I know your town really well I could imagine you there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a relief when it was over, I have to say, but a lot easier and safer than I thought it might be. I'm glad I went early so I didn't have to queue in Boots.
      Beth went one afternoon last week for a prescription and the queue was so long she went back home and tried earlier the next day. I was glad of the warning.
      xx

      Delete
  3. I have my repeat prescriptions delivered now. I registered with pharmacy2u, which is approved by the NHS and the company my surgery links with. There are other similar companies, all NHS approved as this postal system apparently saves the NHS money. I just request medication when needed,pharmacy2u does the rest and the meds arrive in the post a few days later. They issue reminders that it's time to reorder as well which is a bonus. It has to be the company your GP surgery is using. I haven't had any problems at all with my repeat prescriptions. In the past any emergency prescriptions arrived via this system as well. Last time I had a paper prescription which was delivered by local chemist (but don't know how that worked!).

    I'm following your slight change of eating to see how it goes. Is the second PON book worth getting, do you think. A lot of the recipes in the first book were a bit too fussy for me. I've been using Slimming Eats webpage and found plenty of choice on there. Good luck with the change anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Second things first - the second book is pretty much like the first really only smaller portions and, obviously, different recipes. I like them but am quite happy to sub where necessary. Leaf coriander is out, for example, as is basil! Slimming Eats is another good place and I will be incorporating some of those recipes as well. Thank you.

      Also, thank you for the information - I have time to explore it all, starting with the surgery website. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  4. Every time I go out, and admittedly it has only been on a few occasions over the last three months, things seem to have changed. I've been getting my shopping either at Tesco or our local Co-op ... now that they are fully stocked and not running out of things for the locals (I felt it unfair to shop in a smaller shop while things were so sporadic) ... purely because I am used to the one way systems in place.

    I do have to venture into town for pet food this week perhaps and yes, like you I am dreading it. Hopefully the car parks will be okay and I might even venture as far as the bank to deposit a birthday cheque I received back in April, but I'll use the hole in the wall method of depositing my check so I don't have to actually go in.

    I never expected life to get so fraught?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fraught is a very good term for it, Sue. Such an odd feeling about just going into town. I wonder if I will ever just take it for granted again.
      xx

      Delete
  5. It took me a couple of days to realize that the big orange circle with a plus sign is for creating a new post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly the problem I had too. I had to go into the previous post and click 'new post' and then realised it HAD to be easier than that so I Googled. Their 'help' function wasn't much help at all.
      xx

      Delete