Thursday 25 June 2020

Thursday

Morning.  Wasn't yesterday a glorious day?  Today looks like being exactly the same although Friday might bring thunder storms.  Time will tell!

I'm awake very early this morning - just after six.  That's OK, I need some time to myself before the workmen all arrive - some to put up the scaffolding and others to start replacing doors/windows, etc.

First thing yesterday, I popped a note on the door in case the double glazing delivery arrived and made my way to the garage (it's a separate block at the back of the house) where I proceeded to clear some space for the workmen.  It wasn't as bad as I thought - well, it was, but it was more easily sorted - temporarily.
Apart from the Christmas stuff, gopak tables, paint pots and heavier garden stuff, there are loads of glass jars, plastic storage boxed (both very filthy) and lots of cardboard boxed for stuff that came and I didn't throw the box straight out in case there were any problems.
And dust.  So much dust!!  And dead leaves!

I chucked some stuff into the bin which is now full and out for collection.  I've flattened some boxes ready for collection today too.  I've made a note in the diary to carry on once the work is all done because, really, there's not a lot of work.  It will necessitate organising a trip to the dump with Beth to help at some point but it's not as bad as I thought it was.  Nor was it as hot and sweaty as I'd finished soon after nine.

I looked online for, and found, some metal storage shelving that will be perfect for keeping things in better order, once the mess has been cleared.  That should make a big difference to the look of it all and enable me to see exactly what I have.  It also means that now I will HAVE to do it - always a Good Thing.

One golden find.  A fan, still in its original box (but not any more!)..  I will appreciate it in the next few days, I expect.

Lindsey messaged me to say that it was like an oven on her patio so we decided it would be better to have personal training online.  Such a shame in this lovely weather but , as they say, mad dogs and Englishmen!  It was very comfy inside, not too hot at all, although I had the fan ready, just in case.

All the stuff arrived after lunch and is now shared between garden and garage.  I can hardly believe it's going to happen after spending so long thinking about it and then having it postponed.

When Mel came round, we sat under the shade of the tree where it was pleasantly warm and with a refreshing breeze.  It really was lovely, not too hot at all, although out in the sun it was baking.  It really is a lovely place to sit.  I took this photo yesterday morning - you can just see the shade starting in the top corner and by about two thirty the whole of that corner is in shade, almost down to the archway between the two beds.


Today, I doubt I am doing anything special.  The diary is empty and there will be workmen around.  One of my 'mums' suggested I restart tuition in the garden next week and I am happy to give this a go and see if it works and  I can probably plan for that session today; not that it takes much planning as it will be an assessment lesson.

By the end of the day, I should have scaffolding up and I think the garage doors will be in although I may have got that a bit wrong.  Something new will be in, anyway.  And it will be HOT!

Stay well, happy and as cool as you can manage.  xx

13 comments:

  1. I too am up early but it is a good time to get stuff done before it get to hot. I don't like the heat so I tend to hibernate after lunch. hope the work goes well and you get to sit in the shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I should be fine as the distancing rules mean that they really are doing their own thing. I even have to leave the doors open so they don't have to touch the handles and everything will be wiped over afterwards. We'll see how the reality matches up.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I am always up around 6 as Tony is heading out to work and seems to feel the need to wake me. Just think how nice everything will look one the work is completed. Don't overdo it outside in the sunshine. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm holding onto that. :-) It's not long, it just seems longer because there's the weekend.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Perhaps it will even be too hot for them to want endless cups of tea!
    Hope the work goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not allowed to. That's another rule - offer no refreshments whatsoever. They bring their own. That's a new one, isn't it?
      xx

      Delete
  4. I hope all the work goes smoothly. It's exciting that it's finally getting done. Your garden looks so inviting and I am envious that you have shade in the afternoons ... I have some in the morning but by midday it is full sun.

    Does that mean you will only do tuition on fine days? How about Zoom if it's just one-to-one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will for a while, for this student. No one else has asked. I thought about Zoom but I really don't fancy it - not my style really.

      No one's turned up yet and I'm wondering if I heard correctly. Maybe it's just the scaffolding today. Maybe it's tomorrow.
      Whichever - I'm really not fussed as there's not much else to do, is there?
      xx

      Delete
  5. An exciting day for you, and when its all done it will be lovely.Yes hot hot hot here too, all the pots watered, my Dh's was up earlier and we had raspberries added to our breakfast fruit from the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I water early too, so it sinks in rather than evaporating. I might do this evening too - it is very hot.
      Fresh garden raspberries sounds stunning!
      xx

      Delete
  6. The fan was a lucky find. Like yourself, I am a box keeper as well. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < grin > Well, they warn you to keep the packaging, don't they. They just don't mean forever!!
      xx

      Delete
  7. A woman becomes pregnant when an egg released from her ovary (the organ that holds her eggs) is fertilized by a man's sperm. The fertilized egg attaches to the inside of a woman's womb (uterus), where it receives nourishment and develops into a baby. Hormones in the woman's body control the release of the egg from the ovary called ovulation and prepare the body to accept the fertilized egg..

    To Nike Air Force 1 Cheap Outlet close, the Patina group owned downtown Ray Ban Outlet steakhouse has Coach Outlet Clearance Sale a "Mad Men" inspired happy hour. The restaurant created small plates inspired by some of the show's Jordan Shoes For Sale favorite characters. For Don Draper, oysters Rockefeller with Fanny Bay oysters, spinach and bread crumbs (four Best Yeezys for $12); for Roger Sterling, a classic shrimp cocktail with a horse radish MK Outlet Online heavy cocktail sauce ($12); for Cheap Michael Kors Handbags Joan Harris, "red hot" deviled eggs (four for $10); Coach Outlet Online an "ice queen wedge" for Betty Francis ($8); and more...

    ReplyDelete